cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November pick up truck sales figures

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
In spite of all the naysayers and purveyors of gloom and doom, Ford has captured the top spot again for November and outsold the GM twins.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/12/best-selling-pickup-trucks-november-2015.html
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)
48 REPLIES 48

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Fish, there is no doubt that the 6.7L Cummins had emissions related issues when they came out. But to compare those issues to the 6.4L and especially the 6.0L debacle is laughable at best. They would be comparable if there was only 1 main issue with the 6.4L and 6.0L but good god man, the list of issues is endless with them.:S
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder why every time someone brings up the well documented problems with the 6.0 and 6.4, that the answer is to go attack RAM? No one attacks the early Duramax's for all the injector issues, and only once in a while for the LLY issues. Bringing up a LLY over heating issue does not cause the RAM's are bad responses.

And I use to think the tire threads were bad! Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Flashman wrote:
Fish

It has always fascinated me the amount of devotion that Ford has created in their fan base. I don't think that GM or Ram could have weathered the fiasco that was the 6.0 and 6.4L engines. I know that the 6.2 and 6.5 were not great engines but compared to what was available by the others they were comparatively not that bad. The 6.0 and 6.4 cant begin to compared to the Duramax and Cummins engines. Yet Ford weathered that storm and Ford guys many who went from the the 6.0 to the 6.4L bought right into the 6.7. Ford still owns the HD market. Many guys having been bitten bad by the those poor engines, came back for more. I think that is the reason Ford is much more difficult with warranty work then GM is reported to be. Ford can afford to piss people off and GM cant. Ford learned over the last 15 years that there is no penalty from their fan base for poor durability, so being very stringent on their warranty approvals likely carries no penalty either. I think they have been right there as well. It is an enviable position if your an OEM.

I know it sounds like the description fits you perfectly - but do not take it personally.

Spoken like a true Ram fan boy. The first gen 6.7 cummins had some serious emission problems that forced the owners to deal with such non sense. These trucks were some real turds and some continued to buy 6.7 rams when the problems appeared to be mitigated.

BTW... Macarronni has now abandoned the GM merger or hostile take over. Lets see what happens next. :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Flashman wrote:
Fish

It has always fascinated me the amount of devotion that Ford has created in their fan base. I don't think that GM or Ram could have weathered the fiasco that was the 6.0 and 6.4L engines. I know that the 6.2 and 6.5 were not great engines but compared to what was available by the others they were comparatively not that bad. The 6.0 and 6.4 cant begin to compared to the Duramax and Cummins engines. Yet Ford weathered that storm and Ford guys many who went from the the 6.0 to the 6.4L bought right into the 6.7. Ford still owns the HD market. Many guys having been bitten bad by the those poor engines, came back for more. I think that is the reason Ford is much more difficult with warranty work then GM is reported to be. Ford can afford to piss people off and GM cant. Ford learned over the last 15 years that there is no penalty from their fan base for poor durability, so being very stringent on their warranty approvals likely carries no penalty either. I think they have been right there as well. It is an enviable position if your an OEM.

I know it sounds like the description fits you perfectly - but do not take it personally.

That is actually quit a powerful statement. That is if it is even true which I do not believe it is. All the OEM's have worked hard to build a strong brand following. However, if this statement is true than that is an indication their product lines just were not that strong to begin with weather some bad times. But empirically this just is not true. GM recovered from the brink of disappearing and their fans continued to buy. Chrysler twice and their fans kept coming back. All the mfgs have had engine and/or model failures and they all survived. There is more than enough evidence to refute this whole only Ford has brand followers strong enough to overcome difficult times.

BTW why the plagiarized post? Will your fans continue to believe you. 😄

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fish

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
ksss wrote:
GBuilders wrote:
I have a buddy that owns nothing but Fords Even though he got hung with the 6.0 problems left him stranded several times, so he traded in for a 6.4 and guess what happened again. He would never own a GM or Ram. Some Ford guys are like that, he thinks that Ford actually cares what he says.

Exactly right and well said. I bucked this trend, though :B

Yep BIL had a POS 09 Dodge/cummins and after no help from the Chrysler corp. he sold it with full disclosure and purchased a used 07 Dodge.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"About time for someone to come on and say----
O Ya, well Mcdonalds sells the most burgers."

You said it!

Yes Mcdonalds sells more food than Taco Bell. :W

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
This topic comes up all the time...I'm a GM guy, but was a Ford guy first...not
blindly loyal to any OEM...just preferences

Worst was my 5000S Audi...which now has that badge flying off the
dealer lots...and my current 1980 Silverado C10, but dad gave it to
me after he retired and sold the small grocery/butcher shop has always
been problematic

Just want which ever I purchase used or new to have enough volume over time to
have a good parts supply line over the decades that I own most all of my vehicles

Also why am not normally first for anything automotive out there...though did
purchase/ordered the new fangled Vortec Suburban...

Get a kick out of the 'most popular' XYZ...so the herd jumps on that band
wagon...to then see the sales drop off after a few years...like GM's rear steering
axle on full sized pickups/SUVs...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
ksss wrote:
GBuilders wrote:
I have a buddy that owns nothing but Fords Even though he got hung with the 6.0 problems left him stranded several times, so he traded in for a 6.4 and guess what happened again. He would never own a GM or Ram. Some Ford guys are like that, he thinks that Ford actually cares what he says.

Exactly right and well said. I bucked this trend, though :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

blt2ski
You all have argued and disCUSSed this enough......at least until Jan 1-3 when the December stats show up.........oh my aching head!

Oh, buy the one that fits you phat buts! That is the BEST brand!

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
My Fantasy Best-Selling Pickup Trucks team is better than your Fantasy Best-Selling Pickup Trucks team.

So there!

:S
I love me some land yachting

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"About time for someone to come on and say----
O Ya, well Mcdonalds sells the most burgers."

You said it!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:

Ford is the highest volume truck BRAND. General Motors Corp sell the MOST trucks. Both are true statements. And it has been that way for many many years.

Ford chooses to make a point of their position. GM doesn't. Boils down to what each company wants to "Brag about" I guess.

But in the end, to me, it's nice to see 3 mfg of trucks that are pretty much equals. Boils down to what you want.

If only everyone would remember/understand/realize/accept this fact...

Its been this way since about 1968 when Ford dropped the Mercury truck brand but "every" month on this and other forums, folks come on and feel they have to explain that GMs two brands arte basically the same and should be counted as one.

To carry it even further, at numerous times Ford cay claim to be the "best selling" brand of vehicles in total.
Cars and trucks combined.
Of course GM outsells them "if" all their brands are combined, but as a single brand, often Ford is number one in sales.

About time for someone to come on and say----
O Ya, well Mcdonalds sells the most burgers. 😉
2000 F250 V10 dragin a 2005 Titanium 29E34RL

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
shepstone wrote:
The Ridgeline doesnt well at all !! :B

Honda stopped making the Ridgeline - so those are just what was left over. They're working on a major redesign for sometime next year. (Also, it's always been a bit of an odd duck as pickups go.)

Personally I agree with those that say you should buy what you like for your own reasons and not worry about what sells the best (but then, I've towed quite happily for 15 years with a minivan, so I don't mind bucking trends). 🙂
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500