cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oh joy...........

blt2ski
NOT!

Sitting on side of freeway with what I'm guessing us a blown rod or equal putting a hold on oil pan of my pickup....grrrrrr...

To be continued
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer
111 REPLIES 111

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used Covercraft on my 98 RAM with good wear when I was in construction.

I have a new set I need to install on my 01 Sport RAM.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Grit -

The BEST I have ever found was simple green.... spray it on DRY mat... let sit, mist with water, wet scrub brush, scrub, rinse , repeat if needed.. Worked better than anything I tried.

X2... I also used simple green as described, on my light gray Weather Tech mats. Looked good as new!

Jerry

Dow scrubbing bubbles bath cleaner also works well on the floor mats and the engine compartment.
Bryan
2003 2500HD Ext. cab short box
6.0 liter 4.10 gears, Nelson performance PCM 293,000 miles
98 K1500 4x4 heavy duty 1/2 ton (Sold)
6,600lb GVWR 5,280lbs on the scale empty
14 bolt rear diff. 3:73 , Tranny and oil coolers
380,000 miles.

blt2ski
Any thoughts on seat cover brands?

blt2ski
Grit,
Try spray 9 products too. Simple Green was designed and initially made as a cleaner in Boeing labs. As was WD40, Pam cooking oil.....that was not ment to be a cooking oil spray. Did not work as a non-oil based lube.....

Joys of having a step father that worked their back in the day that had to design and manufacture things. Heard a few good stories. Most forgotten being late 50s vs when told as a teen.

Marty

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
ford truck guy wrote:
Grit -

The BEST I have ever found was simple green.... spray it on DRY mat... let sit, mist with water, wet scrub brush, scrub, rinse , repeat if needed.. Worked better than anything I tried.

X2... I also used simple green as described, on my light gray Weather Tech mats. Looked good as new!

Jerry

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ford truck guy wrote:
Grit -

I'll try that! Thanks!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit -

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ford truck guy wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
Ron,

Yes weathertech. I have one that has 30yrs on it....time for a new one. Finally has a hole in it.

Marty

I've bought a couple sets of Husky floor liners recently and like their quality over Weathertech. IMO, Weathertech used to be the standard for custom fit full coverage floor mats, but not anymore. Look into Huskys before purchasing.

I had weathertech in my last truck. Always felt the fit was not great.... this one came with all weather floor mats along with carpet mats.... Not so sure I would spend the money on Weathertech again....

Seems like more new trucks are coming with full factory mats over the carpet. My 2020 has factory full coverage.
Sorta defeats the purpose of even putting in carpet, lol.
Direct comparison, wifes 2016 truck with Weathertechs in it for 4 years and 75k miles vs my old 2016 with Husky custom mats and 100k miles (and more of a work truck) that I just traded.
Weather techs wont even come clean or turn "black" again on the high traffic areas. I've tried Zep degreaser, cycle wash, dish soap, they're just kinda stained brown and they are loose, corners and edges curling up, etc. Still very functional, but compared to the Huskys which look like new with a good cleaning and no deformation.

Worst part is Marty, I just turned the truck in. Brand new carpet floor mats in my shop somewhere. I could have snagged the full Husky mats for ya and noone would have been the wiser! Same truck as yours basically. Sorry man!

Grit dog wrote:
blt2ski wrote:
Ron,

Yes weathertech. I have one that has 30yrs on it....time for a new one. Finally has a hole in it.

Marty

I've bought a couple sets of Husky floor liners recently and like their quality over Weathertech. IMO, Weathertech used to be the standard for custom fit full coverage floor mats, but not anymore. Look into Huskys before purchasing.

I had weathertech in my last truck. Always felt the fit was not great.... this one came with all weather floor mats along with carpet mats.... Not so sure I would spend the money on Weathertech again....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

blt2ski
Grit
From what I can tell, not really bad regulations. Depends upon how you do things. Next place up hill has tables and chairs on 4% grade simple fencing. I'm sure easier than this setup literally being deck sections put together with a roof made of a tarp it equal. This will be a level floor too. Nicer than sitting on a grade.
Hoping it will be open by this weekend. My two turn 35 on 25th. Chris is close in age. Not sure bday etc for him.
Proud of all three.

Marty

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
blt2ski wrote:
I've only worked a day. Son's have 3-4 weekend's into it.

Due to C19 restrictions it's only way some places can do sitting service. Tables in bar itself are limited to 30-50% max capacity. Not sure if this can stay after restrictions. If so, they've increased seating another 5-10%. 6-8 months of the year it would be full. Install some roll up side wall/windows. Gas/lp/electric type space heaters.
Could be a good long haul investment for Rick-owner too.

He's to have final permits by this weekend. My Son Rich was down there about 730 this morning getting final screws, supports installed. Not sure if Dan was heading their yet. Then not my son, but might as well be triplet vs twin sons, Chris should be heading down too.
Since about age ten, if you found two of these three, you usually found all three. They all work as supers for same larger home remodeler here in Seattle.

Marty

That's awesome you're "helping" the kids with side jobs. Sounds like you have alot to be proud of with them boys.
I've wondered how the permitting/building codes are satisfied with all these new "seating areas". Is it fairly regulated, easy to navigate, money grab by the municipalities?
I manage public works projects, largely WSDOT work, so generally don't deal with permitting unless it's part of the design package and typically higher level like land use, easements and stormwater/waters of the state permitting.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
blt2ski wrote:
Ron,

Marty

blt2ski
I've only worked a day. Son's have 3-4 weekend's into it.

Due to C19 restrictions it's only way some places can do sitting service. Tables in bar itself are limited to 30-50% max capacity. Not sure if this can stay after restrictions. If so, they've increased seating another 5-10%. 6-8 months of the year it would be full. Install some roll up side wall/windows. Gas/lp/electric type space heaters.
Could be a good long haul investment for Rick-owner too.

He's to have final permits by this weekend. My Son Rich was down there about 730 this morning getting final screws, supports installed. Not sure if Dan was heading their yet. Then not my son, but might as well be triplet vs twin sons, Chris should be heading down too.
Since about age ten, if you found two of these three, you usually found all three. They all work as supers for same larger home remodeler here in Seattle.

Marty

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
All that so people can set outside and either freeze their buns off or get wet, most likely both. But hey good money for you no doubt!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD