cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Jayco Floorplans

Bama_bluejay
Explorer
Explorer
Found it interesting looking over some old jayco floor plans. The 2008 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS caught my eye. That's a floorplan I would love in a new one. Bedroom looks roomy with king bed. Like the kitchen layout. Would trade my 2012 Whitehawk in a minute for new Eagle, same plan.

Wonder if anyone had that model , and how did you like it. The cabinets look much nicer, better quality in older models. Overall I think older models were better quality built.
4 REPLIES 4

Bama_bluejay
Explorer
Explorer
We have our 3rd Jayco. 2005 Jayflight no problem found out it was to small. 2007Jayco traded in for 2012 Jayco Whitehawk. Reason for trading 07 we wanted slide and twin chairs for more comfort. I feel that the cabinets in first 2 were better quality. We've had more problems with our Whitehawk than the 2 previous units combined. As I stated I would love to have a king bed. Wish they would come back with some of their older floorplans.

dfm
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 jayco 322fks and love it. The kingbed IS great.The next best thing about the unit is the way it tows. It is a fairly heavy tongue weight , but , that means it tows great with no sway. Have had no issues with the trailer. Great fit and finish.
2015 Open Range 340 FLR
2012 Ram3500 Laramie Longhorn/Cummins
1 DW 1 Furperson

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
Bama bluejay wrote:
Found it interesting looking over some old jayco floor plans. The 2008 Jayco Eagle 322 FKS caught my eye. That's a floorplan I would love in a new one. Bedroom looks roomy with king bed. Like the kitchen layout. Would trade my 2012 Whitehawk in a minute for new Eagle, same plan.

Wonder if anyone had that model , and how did you like it. The cabinets look much nicer, better quality in older models. Overall I think older models were better quality built.

Had a 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH. Jayco discontinued that model. Had a lot of problems with that trailer. It definitely is NOT made as well as my 2012.

Why did I buy another Jay Flight?? Because Jayco stood behind their product and bent over backwards to get it right. It was also built in the Recession year where they were laying off people and closed their Starcraft plant in Topeka, Indiana. Visited both Jayco owned factories (Jayco and Starcraft) and found people at both locations very nice and hardworking even with the confusion, if they'd be working the next day.

Starcraft at that time was operated as a competing company with different engineering and designs even though Jayco owned them. After the recession, their trailers are sisters with similar floorplans, engineering and designs.

Before 2008, Jayco used a Fleeced TPO vinyl roof and had many failures with the fleeced backed vinyl roof material. Today is the best time to buy a Jayco, best built, better materials, and better economy.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have that exact one and still have it. Will be taking 2 months next spring and it fits well for us. We also have the freestanding table and chairs instead of the dinette.

This model was discontinued in 2012 and is the last of the trailers, not 5'ers, with a king size bed.

We have not had any problems with the cabinets or other manufacturing items.

At all of the RV shows we have not found another that would be as nice. The only thing we miss is windows under the awning. All of the windows are towards our neighbor on the street side.

This one also works for two grandkids so is perfect for us.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi