cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

On to our second trailer!

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
When we first started camping as a family, we made a few tent trips. We quickly discovered that our aging bodies along with the extra work of having kids, was too much for us to still be "enjoying ourselves".

So 3 years ago we decided to dabble in travel trailers. We bought a 15BH model. Yes, it was small, but our intentions were not to bring the luxuries of home, but to be an upgrade from a tent. As well, we didn't want to invest too much without knowing how committed we would be as a family.

We made the memories of a lifetime in that little camper. It was everything we wanted it to be and more! However, it had been on our mind that something larger would be on the horizon. We listed the 15BH and it sold in a week (testimate to taking care of things). It was heartbreaking to all of us to watch it roll off down the driveway.

We spent this winter researching and shopping. After an exhausting process, we are excited to introduce to you the new family trailer! A Forest River Surveyor 24BHS.

We've had it home about 2 weeks now and have been pouring over every inch of it. It is a 24.5' box, 5300lbs dry, 7700lbs GVW. We're towing with our Max Tow, F150 Ecoboost (7700). If the drive home is an indication, I can't tell the difference between this trailer and the last, other than being nervous all over again. We didn't have WDH with the last trailer, but I have one now. Installing it this weekend. It is a 1000/10000, so I may have over bought a little. Hope that works out okay.

Here's a list of the features we're most excited to have that are new to us!

-SPACE
-dual axle with some payload
-Residential Queen walk around that is NOT also the dinette.
-Slide (see above)
-Full size bunks
-Storage!
-Power Tongue jack
-Outdoor kitchen
-Larger fridge, sink
-oven
-19' power awning
-factory bike rack designed into the frame
- walkable roof
-ducted air and heat
-electric/propane water heater with electric ignition!
-larger tanks

I'll stop there, the list could go on and on... All of the above are new luxuries to us.

Sorry I don't have better pictures. None of these were posed, just random stuff we had taken while shopping.

Here's to many, many more adventures!
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!
27 REPLIES 27

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
tragusa3 wrote:
When we first started camping as a family, we made a few tent trips. We quickly discovered that our aging bodies along with the extra work of having kids, was too much for us to still be "enjoying ourselves".

So 3 years ago we decided to dabble in travel trailers. We bought a 15BH model. Yes, it was small, but our intentions were not to bring the luxuries of home, but to be an upgrade from a tent. As well, we didn't want to invest too much without knowing how committed we would be as a family.

We made the memories of a lifetime in that little camper. It was everything we wanted it to be and more! However, it had been on our mind that something larger would be on the horizon. We listed the 15BH and it sold in a week (testimate to taking care of things). It was heartbreaking to all of us to watch it roll off down the driveway.

We spent this winter researching and shopping. After an exhausting process, we are excited to introduce to you the new family trailer! A Forest River Surveyor 24BHS.

We've had it home about 2 weeks now and have been pouring over every inch of it. It is a 24.5' box, 5300lbs dry, 7700lbs GVW. We're towing with our Max Tow, F150 Ecoboost (7700). If the drive home is an indication, I can't tell the difference between this trailer and the last, other than being nervous all over again. We didn't have WDH with the last trailer, but I have one now. Installing it this weekend. It is a 1000/10000, so I may have over bought a little. Hope that works out okay.

Here's a list of the features we're most excited to have that are new to us!

-SPACE
-dual axle with some payload
-Residential Queen walk around that is NOT also the dinette.
-Slide (see above)
-Full size bunks
-Storage!
-Power Tongue jack
-Outdoor kitchen
-Larger fridge, sink
-oven
-19' power awning
-factory bike rack designed into the frame
- walkable roof
-ducted air and heat
-electric/propane water heater with electric ignition!
-larger tanks

I'll stop there, the list could go on and on... All of the above are new luxuries to us.

Sorry I don't have better pictures. None of these were posed, just random stuff we had taken while shopping.

Here's to many, many more adventures!

Congrats on your new T.T. It is a beauty.. Enjoy it, and happy camping!!
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful rig, congrats! We did something similar a couple years ago but went from 25ft to 35ft, mainly due to the extra room needed for the grandkids. Hope you like your Forest River product as much as we like our (no longer new) FR Windjammer.

BTW, I like that bike rack on the rear, have not seen that before. Giving me ideas.........
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Shirley4ever
Explorer
Explorer
That's great... Congratulations

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!
Congrats and enjoy.

Wilson34
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great congrats that is basically the same size as my Solaire 229BHS. We love it and I am sure you will have many good memories in the new trailer soon.

Rob Wilson
Beautiful Wife Barbara
Wonderful kids Maddie 14 and Robbie 11
2 cute fluffy white Maltese's Bailie & Rudie
1 chocolate brown poodle Conner

2008 Nissan Titan
2014 Palomino Solaire 229BHS
Prodigy Brake Controller

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
good looking rig. You'll love the bunkhouse... we went from a 26ft to a 30ft. the outdoor kitchen is awesome. our whole camping group uses my rig as the Hub... that kitchen really brings people together.
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats...great looking rig.....and I like your pajamas also....:)
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice!

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Its nice to have the rig grow as the family grows with it. I am betting you will have a wonderful time in your new rv.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

jonmad
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new wheels! Looks Great.... Enjoy

heckufaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! 2 years ago we bought a 19 foot box, with large dinette slide. Our first TT. We were being conservative, but it had all we thought we wanted.
This year it got traded in , and we went to a 26BH. Double length slide, qween walk around bed, 2 bunks. I know exactly where you're coming from and where you are now. Congrats! It looks like a beautiful rig!

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats and enjoy your new TT!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!!!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315