cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palomino Solaire 220x - need advice please

onelv
Explorer
Explorer
I'm back on the market for a TT and my wife and I are looking at a Palomino Solaria 220x.

http://www.palominorv.com/productinfo.aspx?model=solaireexpandable&page=floorplandetails&floorplanid=5770&RVType=

This forum was great last year on advice so I thought I would post again to see what you guys thought. My wife and I like this unit because it has one bed inside the trailer and also one slide out to get a more tent feeling if we like.

I'd be towing with a Mercedes GL350 (diesel) with a max towing capacity of 7500 lbs.

We have 15month old daughter and hopefully another added member soon. 🙂
We'd mostly be doing some weekend get aways but also longer trips maybe twice a year.

Just wanted to quickly check to see if you guys thought of any concerns that I may have over looked. Or even other manufacturers with a similar floor plan.

Thank-you!!
5 REPLIES 5

onelv
Explorer
Explorer
xteacher wrote:
Probably bigger and heavier than you'd like: Coachment Freedom Express 254DSX

I like this unit as well. I'm just not sure if there is a big difference in the towing experience?

onelv
Explorer
Explorer
mbopp wrote:
We looked at one Palomino RV that we liked until DW noticed the range vent wasn't ducted to the outside - a deal breaker for her.
Can you access the 'fridge & bathroom with the slides in?

So I guess the norm is that most range vent to outside? I wonder if the fan in the camper does the job?

I'm not sure if you can access the fridge and bathroom with slides in. I'll have to look into that.

...I knew you guys would catch these things.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Probably bigger and heavier than you'd like: Coachment Freedom Express 254DSX
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at one Palomino RV that we liked until DW noticed the range vent wasn't ducted to the outside - a deal breaker for her.
Can you access the 'fridge & bathroom with the slides in?
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......