cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts for Northland Koala 850?

DrewMogz
Explorer
Explorer
I apologize if this isn't the correct place to be asking this, however it didn't really seem like a description for the Technical Support problem forum either.

Anyways, I have a used truck camper that I recently bought which is a Northland Camper 850 Koala. I usually can find parts for anything online, but I can't even find the slightest trace of parts for this camper or the company that it was made from.

I don't know if anyone out there has one of these campers or knows how to find parts for it but the outside panel that covers the propane lines behind the back of the fridge flew off at some point during our drive and I would love to be able to replace it. Thank you all for any assistance in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
There are a gazillion Northland campers around here in Idaho. There are usually two or three in local classifieds at any given time. There are many more in yards and driveways that don't see much use -- it is much more fashionable to tow fifth wheels the length of the Queen Mary with the loudest tuned diesel truck in the family, regardless of towing limits/suitability. As a highway worker I push more of these off the highway with our Cat loader than semi's. Never see many Northlands in campgrounds -- they must be more popular with locals that tend to boondock, or with hunters.

Now would be a good time to catch one used for sale by someone who has caught the upsize fever. Maybe another one for parts?
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
DrewMogz wrote:
...I located the phone number to the new branch they have opened at the old Northland site in Nampa to try to see if they acquired any of the old parts from the warehouse by chance.

You made way better progress than I did in your research. I couldn't find anything current about the plant in Nampa.

I looked at a few PCW micro travel trailers and didn't like them. The were two industrial and basic looking inside.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
DrewMogz wrote:
BTW, thank you so much for the info again, it was a Norcold Refrigerator Access Door just like you said and I was able to find exactly what I needed!

I bought my Norcold fridge access panel on Amazon, after one fell out (because I forgot to latch it) and it went in to flying saucer mode on I-90 2 years ago.

It landed face down, then twirled on the asphalt, and had some road rash. I retrieved it, and still haven't replaced it with the new one. DOH.

DrewMogz
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, thank you so much for the info again, it was a Norcold Refrigerator Access Door just like you said and I was able to find exactly what I needed!

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=RV+access+cover&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XRV+refrigerator+access+cover.TRS1&_nkw=RV+refrigerator+access+cover&_sacat=0
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

DrewMogz
Explorer
Explorer
Oh ok, I will try to do some searches for Camper Panels I guess, not sure exactly what else it'd be called.

I did end up reading on this forum by doing some searches about Northland that it was bought out like you said by Pacific Coachworks and I tried to give them a call but obviously they're closed today and I located the phone number to the new branch they have opened at the old Northland site in Nampa to try to see if they acquired any of the old parts from the warehouse by chance.

Thank you guys for your help, much appreciated.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
AnEv942 wrote:
Many of the parts on camper are not camper manufacturer brand specific-
but by the installed product brand..

Ditto.

The only thing brand specific is the woodwork inside - each camper manufacturer builds their own cabinetry.

Northland was bought by Pacific Coach Works out of California, and it appears PCW shut down the entire Northland product line. Northland was located in Nampa, ID

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Many of the parts on camper are not camper manufacturer brand specific-
but by the installed product brand..
Many are 'universal', like refer grates, water heater doors etc.
If your refer is Dometic or Norcold search for that. Or by different descriptions of the item your looking for.

ie search 'rv refrigerator vent cover'? or
'RV Refrigerator Side Vent Cover'
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com