cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

popping/clicking noise from hot water heater?

jaycoman89
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't used the camper in quite a while as there has just been a lot going on lately and haven't had the chance. It sits in a campground plugged into city power. I keep the breakers on but the hot water switch turned off. I also turned the water off and ran all the water out of the pipes in early December to make sure water didn't sit and freeze. Today I had someone check in on the place for me and they sent me a video of a clicking/popping noise from the hot water heater. He said it didn't make that noise for very long. I want to say i've heard that noise in there before but it's been so long I can't remember.

Q: Is the breaker switch for the HWH on?
A: Yes

Q: Is the electrical switch for the HWH on?
A: No
16 REPLIES 16

Family of crickets living inside?
:B
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You should consider hiring a mobile technician to examine the issue since you are not close by.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad