cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Popup lift handle question

SoCalRailFan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Fleetwood Westlake and I'm really getting tired of cranking forever to get the tent up. I'd like to be able to use my heavy duty drill to do it. Is there a handle premade to use with a drill or can someone give me some direction on what I can do.
Thanks,
Dave
www.photographersnature.com
2006 Jeep Wrangler Umilimited, 2008 Fleetwood Westlake
6 REPLIES 6

SoCalRailFan
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at the Socket Genie but none matched what I needed in description. I emailed the company and never heard back from them. Once I used the right keywording I found the right one on Ebay and cheaper.
Thanks,
Dave

theczar
Explorer
Explorer
Are you thinking something like a socket genie?

Socket Genie

Looks like the LVSG-516 would be for your application

SoCalRailFan
Explorer
Explorer
I actually found one on Ebay, that's basically a socket, but looks pro made. Should be here anyday. I look forward to not hand cranking anymore LOL
Thanks,
Dave

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
That would be me (and several others) that have used a Dremel to a socket. I forget the size I ended up using but it was a deep socket plus 3/8" socket extension somewhere along 6 inches. This $3 adapter set from Harbor Freight plus an extension and a deep socket are all you need once you use the Dremel to cut opposing notches in the socket to allow for the pins. Obviously your existing crank is the perfect example of how to make it look.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

SoCalRailFan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having a hard time just finding another handle. It's 7" from the pin to the bumper and fits into a 3/4" hole where the pin is. Frustrating. I just read where someone took a socket that fits in the hole, the used a dremel tool to cut the grooves in it, says it works like a champ, Going to try that.
Thanks,
Dave

lil_camping_fam
Explorer
Explorer
When we had a pop up I bought an extra one just incase I messed up. From there I modified it to be able to chuck into my drill. A little cutting and welding did the trick for me.
Just be cautious when reaching the stopping points!

Good Luck!
Salem Cruise Lite 195BH- 2004 F-150 4x4 with weight distribution, sway control, and brake control.

Heather, Robby, Kaiden & Mingo(k9)