cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Price breaks on new Pickups?!

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
With all of the automotive production issues I expected it to be year or more before any discounts were offered. Then I got an email from Ford offering me a $3,000 on any new pickup or Expedition. Partial text below.

" Allow us to sweeten the deal to get you into a new Ford. Simply take this personal code with you to your local Ford Dealer and choose one of these blockbuster offers. Thatโ€™s it. Because we like to keep things simple.

Itโ€™s the perfect time to head in, but it wonโ€™t last long. This Exclusive Cash Offer expires on A?p?r?i?l 4, 2?0?2?2."

I thought that was an aberration but then I saw this article about discounts on the new Siverado!

Silverado discounts

"The Chevrolet Silverado discount offers prospective buyers a $500 or $750 cash allowance and package rebates that equate to savings of up to $3,250 for select model ranges of the 2021 model. Those looking to buy the more modern 2022 1500 Limited model will have access to a $500 cash allowance and package rebate that can amount to $2,000 for a total saving of $2,500."

It seems that things are finally getting better for truck buyers!
35 REPLIES 35

blt2ski
Sorry Grit,
You get the pizza on March 32nd!, April 1 is just the discount!
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
$3k off a $60-80k sticker price...whatever.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
ford truck guy wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
^ Nothing changes. People are always enamored with what "program" price or "incentive" is available and get suckered into thinking they're getting a deal because of the "President's day, blue truck, trade in your old vacuum cleaner, AND get a free Little Ceasers pizza" incentive...
When realistically they can call it whatever they want and it's only what you walk away out the door with that matters.

Or in other words, advertising works better on gullible people.

wait.......... I can get a pizza too ?? :C

Only on April 1!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit dog wrote:
^ Nothing changes. People are always enamored with what "program" price or "incentive" is available and get suckered into thinking they're getting a deal because of the "President's day, blue truck, trade in your old vacuum cleaner, AND get a free Little Ceasers pizza" incentive...
When realistically they can call it whatever they want and it's only what you walk away out the door with that matters.

wait.......... I can get a pizza too ?? :C
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just because they're offering incentives does not mean there is anything out there to buy. You can even send out "BUY ONE GET ONE FREE" if you have nothing to sell.

Then you also have to consider all the trucks that were sitting in storage due to the chip shortage. Those have all disappeared, and reports are the chip shortage is over, so it is equally possible that there is a glut of new trucks headed to the lot that they need to move.

"Must act by April 4, 2022" can also have a couple different meanings. Manufacturers have been using that tactic since forever to create a sense of urgency in you so that you'll run right out and buy. This won't be the last time they offer incentives.

Another possibility is there won't be any trucks on the lot until April 5th, meaning the incentives are worthless.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Everyone and his brother have reservations for EV trucks.

I do not know anyone who ordered that Fugly thing !

Maybe because you are in in f'n PA?:B

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"I recall getting about $10K off sticker for my 13 F150 brand new... But, those are days long gone!"

I got that on my 2020 Chevy 1500, Mitch, and a good trade-in price on my 2015 Tahoe. Then the dealer went out of business. Wondered why the lot was so empty and the Tahoe sold so quickly.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I do not know anyone who ordered that Fugly thing !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I don't know anyone who does, but all my friends use trucks as trucks, so maybe not the best sample audience for the unicorn-fart powered vehicles...

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
hornet28 wrote:
Those offers are great IF you only need a little 1/2 ton

The Ford offer includes all F series trucks.

Vanished
Explorer
Explorer
I had one of them last fall - but was unable to find any trucks on a lot to buy!
2019 Ford F350 4x4 diesel DRW
2021 Grand Design Momentum 28G

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Those offers are great IF you only need a little 1/2 ton

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
I received the same notification.... Gonna use mine towards my 2022 F150 work truck...

My SMALL PRINT says "must be used before April 4th 2022"

Same deadline here. I feel like that is a rather large window of time. My dealer has let us such discounts on ordered trucks as long I commit to the order before the deadline so I am looking at the second half of March to place an order.