cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prosine 2K Inverter/Charger Repair or Replacement?

Freedom_49
Explorer
Explorer
This device is now nine years old and I am getting frequent panel faults. Is it worth buying a new panel (if I can even get one), and if not, what would people recommend to replace it with? The inverter/charger combo has proven to be excellent.

NOTE - any new device would have to have a remote panel, given the location that it will be installed.
6 REPLIES 6

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced 3 of those in my unit's lifetime.. last one was about $250 and available only from Xantrex. That was about 2 years ago. Not easy to get that from them - it took a few calls to tech support..telephone only.

She died at age 12, but served me well for all those years. I think I burned up the transfer switch running my a/c.

It was not installed a truck camper.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
From what I read you will get very little support from Xantrex including that the remote panel is not available separate.

I quit Xantrex and have gone GoPower along with separate charging and separate transfer switch. I prefer separate components so you are replacing only what fails.

Good luck.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
You might just start with the cheap $4 phone cord between the remote and inverter. While that is probably not the cure, it is the lowest cost way to rule that out.

You can write to this group, and they have lots of experience with Trace inverters and inverter/chargers.

HomePower.com

My guess is that a new inverter/charger will be much lower cost than yours was 10 years ago. That will solve the problem for sure.

Check several locations, including SolarOnSale.com Amazon.com Sunelec.com and your favorite local solar dealership. Internet sales have a lot of competition, and prices are held pretty low as a result.

I have read some of the history of Trace inverters, the guy who bought several inverter companies creating Xantrax, and the history of Outback Inverters. My next inverter will probably be a Outback inverter. The guy who designed the Trace inverters has been working at Outback coming up with more innovative items, and making military grade inverters that are totally sealed, so that dust would not be a problem anymore!

Check HomePower.com Magazine for advertizes of this inverter. It will be much more durable than the Trace inverters, like the 1997 version that I have in my motorhome.

Good luck!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Freedom_49
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Are you wanting to replace the Prosine 2.0 or just the remote panel...

Roy Ken

That's my question really. I am not sure it would be worth replacing the panel; hoping somebody has some experience with that.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you wanting to replace the Prosine 2.0 or just the remote panel... Just did a search on google images and see the remote panel being shown on a few pages...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
You probably have a telephone cord to your remote. Newer units need a Cat 5 or even six wires limiting your choices. Instead of replacing mine I put in a new separate PSW system to power the home refer I'm putting in.
Fortunately before buying a used unit I checked on parts availablity for the Prosime and parts are not available from Zantrax.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...