cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puma destination trailers

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all. The thinking has always been that destination trailers are park and leave. They don’t hold up to towing thousands of miles, etc etc.

I was looking at the puma destination series. These are not that much bigger than thier regular puma line. Does that thinking still apply? Has anyone owned one of these? We have 10 kids that camp with us. Would love the extra space.

https://palominorv.com/travel-trailers/puma-destination/39PQB/2553
3 REPLIES 3

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are contemplating camping on the sand in California at Oceano Dunes, there are trailers of that size on the beach (mostly toyhaulers) but you’ll need a four wheel drive truck, aired down tires and careful driving. 42.5 feet is a heck of a trailer. Another issue is getting far enough away from the high tide line…and that sand is soft. Usually these campers go in groups to pull each other out as needed. Bring a shovel, nylon tow strap, D rings etc. Warning! Some days are doable at OD and some are not.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
For clarification. I am not looking at this for a park and leave camper. This is a camper I will take out west. Out to the beach etc. I would be putting 5 to 8 k miles on it per year.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks pretty good but you’ll need fresh water at your destination with only a 43 gallon tank.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad