Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question about moving TT

wilssm
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone,
this may be a stupid question, but I have a TT on a seasonal site I have to move it to another site this week (not leaving the campground) can I move this without hooking the battery up or will that cause a problem with brakes?
Thanks Wilssm,
3 REPLIES 3

wilssm
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the replies thats what I thought I thought the battery controlled the breakaway switch, I am only moving one spot over so I think I would be ok without the breakaway switch
Wilssm

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
You just need the TT battery(s) for the emergency break away cable to activate the trailer brakes. Since you aren't leaving the CG, and I assume because of that you won't be going over 10 MPH, you would not have a runaway trailer if it came loose.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

Glendale_290
Explorer
Explorer
Your tow vehicles battery will be used to operate the brakes, lights etc . as long as you have the proper connection on your tow vehicle and your pig tail is in good operating on your trailer. When you make the connection, double check it that it is working.

Lou
2013 Sol Aire Eclipse 269 BHDSK Trailer by Palomino . Tows like a dream with our 2016 F250 6.2L gas Crew Cab & parks extremely well in our short driveway with our Park-it 360XL electric trailer dolly[/]

Have a great 2016 Camping Season!