cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question on weighing at cat scale

Lspangler
Explorer
Explorer
I did my 3 weights today but I wasn't sure where I should stand. I had to get out to press the button and talk to the operator so I just stood on the same pad the front wheels were on for all 3 weighs.

What do you guys normally do? Is there time to jump back in your truck?

Linc
7 REPLIES 7

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
It helps to have a stick or broom to push the button, then you can stay in the truck. I've also been able to stand on the floor of the truck (with door ajar) and reach the button.

BTW, tell the person inside you want to make a few passes, each time you go around you say you're do a "reweigh" that way you won't pay for each pass. If you mess up a weighing or are adjusting the WDH, you sure don't want to pay for each pass.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Since I have no way of knowing "when" the weighmaster is going to press the button to capture my weight, I stand off the pads altogether. I know I weigh 180 pounds and I know the seat of my truck is halfway between the steer and drive axle.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I had issues with that, which caused my weight to be off. One time, I was standing, another time I was in the Jeep. At least I got the idea.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer
Where I weighed I pulled to where I just had to open my driver side door and stand up on the running board to reach up and hit the button. It is located up high because normally 18 wheeler traffic uses them

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I straddle the front and rear axle scales at the bed / cab junction. Both axles about equal distance on each scale. The TT is on the third axle scale.

I carry a step stool to reach the botton and step towards the front of the truck.

My weight would be mostly over the front scale anyway.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
My cat is not heavy enough to affect the weight distribution of the rig.

Well, I say that, but I feel every step he takes in my little van.

(Sorry, I could not resist.)
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I get out to push the button and get back in the truck. There's usually time before the clerk has time to respond. The driver's seat is between the front and rear wheels of the truck, so it apportions my weight appropriately that way.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015