cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rockwood Owners

FoxNovGolf
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has been looking at some Rockwood TT floor plans. I was wondering if you Rockwood owners would purchase a Rockwood again. I would like to read your comments, good or bad. We are not familiar with this brand. This will be our first TT purchase.

Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18

jbjuices
Explorer
Explorer
Had a 2010 Forest River Shamrock 23' Hybrid and hated it. Always leaked and poor design with back pullout bunk and bathroom.

Our new 2014 Rockwood 32' TT is great. Had it for a year and love how it's set up, the quality and the features. We got the Diamond Ed. and it looks sweet in the tan/brown color.
RV: 2018 Highland Ridge Open Range 328BHS
TV: 2017 Ford F350 Platinum
2nd RV: 2010 Jayco 1207 PUP
2nd TV: 2004 Ford Excursion V10
Me ('72), DW ('76),
DS ('02), DD ('05), DD ('08)
Yellow Lab ('14), Golden Doodle ('12), Bichon Frise ('18)

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
"Reasonable reputation" includes most RVs unless you're really shopping from the right side of the menu or the really high dollar ones. Regardless of who builds it, a lemon is going to slip through from time to time and you can only hope it's not yours.

We're on our second Rockwood product, first our HTT ROO 23SS and was wonderful. This last year made the move to a 2013 Rockwood 2604 and have no problems. When I say "no problems", we had a hinge on the bathroom cabinet get loose and DH fixed it with a toothpick to fill the hole, some wood glue and put the screw back in. We don't consider those to be problems, because most everyone has them. Overall, the major components were and are trouble free, the quality has been very good and we would likely buy Rockwood again, if we were making a change which we aren't. What model are you looking at?? You might come up with specific info for that model that would help.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

fil564
Explorer
Explorer
We have had our Windjammer a little over a month now and could not be happier. We have the 3008W and the floorplan is great for my wife and I. I lost some room on the outside storage from our previous trailer but it just made me get more creative and get rid of the stuff we really did not use.
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
1 Wife
2 Really Spoiled Shih Tzu's
that have Passed the Rainbow Bridge

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Rockwood Roo and really enjoyed it. While it did not compare in quality to our Open Range, it was a good first trailer and I would buy one again.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Squealers
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a used one owner, like new 2004 Rockwood 2502 several years ago for 5500 dollars and have gotten more than our money out of this rig. Tow's like a charm, has held up very well and despite what some say, I would tell you if you should run if our experience was bad...I have no reason to sugar coat anything about this rig or brand.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
2006 Four Winds Hurricane 34N
2014 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Toad

USAF Veteran. 75-81 SAC "Giant Talk" ATC-
Combat Crew Communications

Squealers = Steelers & Arkansas Razorbacks Fan

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
They have a reasonable reputation. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if it fit my needs.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
While this is a TT forum, in 1984 I purchased a brand new Rockwood PUP. I had owned other manufacturers, but the Rockwood PUP was top notch with hardwood cabinets, a lift system engineered like no other manufacturer at the time and all around a well made trailer. We had the trailer for 21 years, using it 6-8 times per year pulling it all over the East Coast and also to Canada from Long Island. The only reason we sold it was we inherited a larger Coleman PUP. I should kept the Rockwood and sold the Coleman.

I've owned five trailers and the Rockwood was by far the best made trailer. We now own a Jayco only because the closet Rockwood dealer is 155 miles from me. If there was a closer Rockwood dealer, I'd own a a Rockwood.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

drillking
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2007 Rockwood fifth wheel new and pulled it around for 6 months. Overall it was ok. The floor from the kitchen to the stairs seemed weak to me. It was only 31' long and didn't have a place we could install a washer/dryer unit we wanted at the time. It did survive a winter in Winnemucca, NV so it was tough!
Sheridan & Barb
2014 Lifestyle LS37CKSL
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7 DRW
"On our way to the Gloryland with scenic stops along the way"!

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're on our 2nd Forest River product as well. We did have some problems in our last camper, but the new trailer still fit our needs much better than any of the other brands we looked at. We do like the solid cabinetry and some other aspects of the "fit & finish" of both Flagstaff & Rockwood (as already mentioned, they are twins.) No RV is perfect, but we have gotten some good use out of ours, and hoping to continue to do so.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
stus. family wrote:
Our 2010 8315bss is our 2nd Rockwood and we have never had a problem with either one. We have been to the plant and watched them being built all the people we met were very committed to making a good product. They made notes on any dislikes you may have and any suggestions you may have for improvements. I keep looking at the Windjammer wondering if the V front would help with better gas mileage.

Look no further; I'm a Windjammer believer now. Helps with mpg, and as an added bonus, NO BUGS ON THE FRONT CAP! The wife picked out the model with the walk-in closet in the nose (V-Hull) and that's come in very handy. Glad we went with the Windjammer, just seems like it tows better.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

stus__family
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2010 8315bss is our 2nd Rockwood and we have never had a problem with either one. We have been to the plant and watched them being built all the people we met were very committed to making a good product. They made notes on any dislikes you may have and any suggestions you may have for improvements. I keep looking at the Windjammer wondering if the V front would help with better gas mileage.

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2010 Rockwood 2604 has been great. In its 5th year of moderate use, it still looks new. I do my own routine maintenance and have slowly done many mods which make it feel like new adding the latest features. I have had to fix a handful of minor issues myself (e.g., re-caulk the shower)but it is holding up very well so far and is a good value for the price.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a new Rockwood Windjammer and love it. The fit and finish, and attention to detail are outstanding. The Flagstaff line is the identical trailer btw, same assembly line, just different decals.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a new Rockwood Windjammer and love it. The fit and finish, and attention to detail are outstanding. The Flagstaff line is the identical trailer btw, same assembly line, just different decals.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000