cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof ladder, yes or no?

jacko147
Explorer
Explorer
We just ordered a new white hawk and I am on the fence if I should add a factory ladder, price isn't an issue, I'm concerned about adding holes to the roof and the siding for the ladder mounts, I think it would be useful to be able to get up on the roof to clean off the top of my slides before retracting. Just not sure if it's worth it subjecting the trailer to possible leaks... I am also considering one of the telescoping ladders to put in storage, but storage is going to be limited on my new trailer...
2010 Sierra 4x4 1500, 5.3L 3.73
2012 Jayflight 26BH
33 REPLIES 33

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
I would. Mine came with one and rails to hold luggage on top. However mine has a solid roof you can't even feel move.
Great for storage, cleaning, getting to AC or vents, better view.....good platform for some prone coyote shots out to 1000 yards in the middle of the desert?

Only cons I see is someone else going up there that doesn't belong.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
I would get the ladder- our second TT didn't have one, I had the factory add it when then did some minor repair work- they didn't even charge me for it. I go on mine many times to check things out and every so often if I need to remove something off the slide out. JMHO

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
No... I've only used mine about 10 times in 20 years.

If you need to get on the roof use an extension ladder

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
Some trailers don't have ladders because the roof is not technically walkable. May want to check that before you go up there or add permanent access.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'