cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubber Seal on Slide Coming Out

Smokey_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
Top seal on slide is coming loose at corner. I've been just pushing it back down after opening up slide. Does anyone have suggestion on how to repair this permanently? Is it a major repair? Not big deal to push back down but concerned it may get worse with time. TT is a 2005 but seals still seem pliable. Any suggestions?

Please click on link to see image of torn seal
torn seal
Smokey Lew
TT - 2005 Komfort 253tqs
TV - 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Quadcab w/ 5.7 Hemi & 3.92 axel
7 REPLIES 7

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
3M Black super weatherstrip and gasket adhesive # 08008.. its black and 20 dollars a tube... Most auto parts stores.

it is what the (RV) factory uses... made for rubber gaskets and moveable panels.

I redid mine last year on my Coachmen Cascade... one large slide.

clean all areas with acetone. then follow the box directions.

and I have used this product on cars/trucks for 10 years.

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Considering the trailer is 11 years old, are there other places that the slide seal is about to fail? Maybe its time to replace the original material. I've not had much luck with any adhesive anywhere on my trailers, inside or outside, due to softening with summer heat.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I tried that contact cement. no good for a rubber seal. It won't take the friction and pushing/pulling on it.

Smokey_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
Hey thanks for the tip Jerry. I just ordered some on Amazon.
Smokey Lew
TT - 2005 Komfort 253tqs

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I used a piece of the black sticky tape that a body shop uses to hold body side moldings on. Got a small piece from a friend that owns a shop. It is super holding, sticky on both sides.

Jerry

Smokey_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to believe contact cement would hold that rubber seal in place with the slide moving in and out.
Smokey Lew
TT - 2005 Komfort 253tqs

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Contact cement.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro