cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Campgrounds

tlnibert
Explorer
Explorer
I have lost my link to the web sites that rates campgrounds.
8 REPLIES 8

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
eHoefler wrote:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/forum/

Also you can just use rvparkreviews.com and go directly to the ratings.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
As I look at maps for remote NF or BLM campgrounds, I wonder if the access road is drivable with my rig. So I zoom in to the campground using google earth and look for RVs. If they made it I know I can.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
I like to use GOOGLE MAPS and have RV CAMPGROUNDS in the search form. This shows the RV CAMPGROUNDs along the map routes. You can click on them and usually see any reviews there as well...

I can also then switch to EARTH VIEW on GOOGLE MAPS and zoom down to see the RV CAMPGROUND layout. Gives you a pretty good idea what to expect...

I am always looking for a good shade area to park under. We use our OTA BATWING Antenna to pull in the NATL BROADCAST HDTV signals from the local towns so shaded areas with trees in no concern with us if we was using a SAT TV antenna. Parking under the trees is much cooler for us.

Roy Ken

x2. Google earth is pretty slick. Just used it this week when we made some reservations for an RV park in Kalispell. We picked the spot from Google earth.

tlnibert
Explorer
Explorer
Royb, how do you set up the Google map to do the campgrounds. I'll be leaving Huntington WV to Daytona soon.
Tom

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
RV Park Reviews
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like to use GOOGLE MAPS and have RV CAMPGROUNDS in the search form. This shows the RV CAMPGROUNDs along the map routes. You can click on them and usually see any reviews there as well...

I can also then switch to EARTH VIEW on GOOGLE MAPS and zoom down to see the RV CAMPGROUND layout. Gives you a pretty good idea what to expect...

I am always looking for a good shade area to park under. We use our OTA BATWING Antenna to pull in the NATL BROADCAST HDTV signals from the local towns so shaded areas with trees in no concern with us if we was using a SAT TV antenna. Parking under the trees is much cooler for us.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

LGBman05
Explorer
Explorer
I sometimes use: http://www.goodsamcamping.com

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/forum/
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore