cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Salem 27rkss stove hood exhaust

glppeterson
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Salem 27RKSS. I just picked it up at the end of the winter It has the standard 3 burner stove with the exhaust hood. I can't figure out where it exhausts.Usually these just go right out the side. I don't feel it just recirculating back into the trailer.I peaked up on the roof, but didn't see anything besides the vent for the refrigerator. I don't suppose they would have tied it into that somehow? I'm going up to put on the vent covers this weekend if it stops raining, so I'll poke around then. It's been bugging me since I brought the trailer home and started putting in everything we took out of our old trailer.Anyone have any experience with this?
2013 Salem 27RKSS
2017 Titan XD 5 liter Cummins Turbo Diesel
4 REPLIES 4

glppeterson
Explorer
Explorer
I was up on the roof installing the vent covers. Turns out it does vent through the refrigerator vent straight through the roof. I think I like that system. If it has enough power to push the air that far it will be nice. It will save me the cost and time of replacing the little flap that I seemed to lose every other year.
2013 Salem 27RKSS
2017 Titan XD 5 liter Cummins Turbo Diesel

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
The installation instructions on ours explains how to install it either way.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of them don't vent outside, mine didn't, I modified it, now it does.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer had a hood that did not vent to the outside. Recirculated thru a filter to the inside. Piece of junk; I removed it. Now it is easier to use the burners.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi