cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saw the new XD Nissan...

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, was out today with a friend of mine looking at the Nissan SUV. While I was there I saw the new XD Titan and had to take a look. It was the top of the line, can't recall the package but every option know to man. 2 wheel drive...with true 4 doors. Payload was 1488 lbs. it offered the gooseneck option and had I nice bed tie down system with LED lighting. Sat inside it and it was a lot nicer then the previous model. I still am no Nissan Titan fan, but some of u may be, and the top model is priced at 58k. The leather seats and driving position was really nice and impressive. The controls were really all in place to make comfort a top priority. The custom top of the line interior was definitely better then the Ford King Ranch that I have sat in previous years. Overall in my opinion it's ugly outside but the inside it really nice. The hood was up, not to bad to work on for a diesel mechanic. I mean it doesn't need the cab to be removed to work on it. Seemed pretty easy access despite being a diesel. The salesman told me that he has sold a bunch of them.... I said yeah right I have yet seen one in town, I know that they just came in. So typical of the liars that they can be. Anyway despite payload being 1488 the tow capacity was rated at 12300lbs. So this truck may fit the bill for some and if it does I'm sure the other versions will be cheaper...my thought for the truck above, it's a lot of money despite not being a 4x4. Sorry for the long post, just my observations.
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.
17 REPLIES 17

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
Exactly. It is targeting the TT and boat folks with some hills to climb.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Yep I don't get the whole fifth wheel prep BS with that kind of PL, but towing a tow behind RV or a larger boat it would do fine! Has a higher payload then my Ram ED and I tow a 24' boat that comes in at 6600#+/- a few for fuel. My Ram tows it with ease. Given that Nissan has almost the same HP/TQ ratings that my 2004 Ram CTD had it should make a very nice tow rig.

Will it sell???? only time will tell if Fred hit a home run or not.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
We still haven't seen any "normal" Titan XD's yet. You know, the basic version...

Not the super luxo...drive it to a red carpet event... trim level.

I can't wait to see how the payload on a regular 2wd, cloth seats, regular radio version will have.

Maybe it will be similar payload... maybe it will be a lot more... who knows yet. It will probably only be a few hundred lbs different, but I'd like to see the payload number on the door jam.

On EDIT... I found one by searching Auto Trader.

Looks like a 2wd basic cloth can be had for mid 40's... Here is a screen shot.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
"A hit with urban cowboys and those with only a briefcase to haul."

So just like 90percent of cummins owners?

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
It'll be a hit with urban cowboys with polished balls and a briefcase to haul.

At least it's a Cummins under the bonnet.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
Or for another 4 grand you can get an F150 Limited.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
For 58k you can get into a really nice 3/4 ton diesel and have a lot more truck/towing options.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
kw/00 wrote:
I know no payload.... I wouldn't buy it , I don think this truck will sell very well.

That's what everyone on here said about the Ram 1500 Eco diesel and it's doing very well.
This forum is an RV forum and IMO not really indicative of the rest of the truck buying owners.
While I don't think Nissan hit the target with the truck, I still feel it will do well. Just not with the guys in the market for a heavy duty tow truck.

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
Who tows a 5000lb gooseneck ?!?!:h
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
I like that, "Baby D".
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Yep the interior is really nice, but it seems that a lot of manufactures are going in that direction to justify the prices.... I think this truck will work for some who pull smaller campers and boats. I don't see it being a big seller for RV crowds but could be wrong. I did not see the new gas optioned truck. They had about 4 on the lot with different packages...I was shocked to see the sticker price and only a 2 wheel drive. I know it's not for me, but some of you guys may be heading in that direction. If so then the fully loaded version wont disappoint you interior wise. I am waiting to see what Toyota will bring to the table with a newer Tundra diesel that's rumored. GM took a bet on the midsize trucks and it seems to be paying off. I'm sure the baby DMax wil be a hit.

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
I saw one today as well. I really wanted to like this truck but in the end it disappoints.

It has probably the best interior of all the trucks I have seen recently, very comfortable. The truck looks a ton better in person than it does in pics.

The truth is if you plan on doing more than going to starbucks or get getting groceries, this truck is probably not for you (imo).

Low payload, bad mpg, sub par acceleration, lack of a locking diff and price turned me off. The "infotainment" part of the vehicle I felt sucked. The ride was a little harsher than I would have liked especially given its low payload.

This would have been a winner 5 years ago but I think the Titan will remain an "also ran" truck

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of guys with 1500 towing well beyond their payload...

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
I know no payload.... I wouldn't buy it , I don think this truck will sell very well.