cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scooter carrier for front of pickup

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
ISO website that I can find a motorized scooter rack that mounts on the front of a pickup. Needs to hold what is commonly known as a Moped. Searching for a friend. TIA.
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360
6 REPLIES 6

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle- thanks for the advise. I'm not doing this mod, just researching for a friend who has a scooter. Currently they are loading the scooter inside the trailer and traveling. This scares the heck out of me with weight shifting, gas fumes, and all. They have a F150 but it's not a Ecoboost. 5.4 Trinitron I believe.
2010 Everlite 29FK
Parkit 360

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I highly recommend that you don't do this with your Ecoboost.

Ecoboost's are very susceptible to air flow restriction for the intercooler and cooling package. They are on the edge cooling wise without putting anything in front of the cooling package.

Your truck and your money, but "I" highly recommend you don't do this especially if you tow in hot weather.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

LIKE2BUILD
Explorer
Explorer
How about this Front Mount 2" Receiver coupled with a 400lbs capacity, folding motorcycle rack?

I think that combination would suit your needs.

K
'14 Ram 2500|Crew Cab Long Bed|4X4|Cummins
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'01 Polaris Virage TX PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (21, 15, & 13)
1 forgiving wife!!!

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
I-Can, what is the carrier that you bought?
2010 Everlite 29FK
Parkit 360

I-Can-Am-Can-Yo
Explorer
Explorer
^ he's right.

I have one. Carry a Yamaha Riva 180 on it. It's great.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I think most any scooter type carrier will require a receiver hitch install. You can get the front receiver mount from e-trailer, and you will have more options for a scooter mount.

Jerry