cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seeking Suggestions for Hybrid Under 4,500 lbs. - THANKS!

westcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

My wife and I only camp a couple times each year and are looking to replace our 2003 Starcraft 17FK -- which is an acceptable size and we like having 2 pop-out beds (one for my wife and I, and the other for my grown son when he camps with us). A configuration having either 2 pop-out beds, or one stationary bed and one pop-out would work, if there is a make/model/configuration where you would not have to give up the table for the visitor bed.

My tow vehicle is a 2022 Chevy Blazer, with a tow capacity max of 4,500 lbs.

Thinking about used (maybe 2013 or newer).

Would appreciate any suggestions. We're open minded to the possibilities.

Thanks!

Rick
1 REPLY 1

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
westcamp wrote:
Hi,

My wife and I only camp a couple times each year and are looking to replace our 2003 Starcraft 17FK -- which is an acceptable size and we like having 2 pop-out beds (one for my wife and I, and the other for my grown son when he camps with us). A configuration having either 2 pop-out beds, or one stationary bed and one pop-out would work, if there is a make/model/configuration where you would not have to give up the table for the visitor bed.

My tow vehicle is a 2022 Chevy Blazer, with a tow capacity max of 4,500 lbs.

Thinking about used (maybe 2013 or newer).

Would appreciate any suggestions. We're open minded to the possibilities.

Thanks!

Rick

There is no hybrid with a stationary bed, that would be within your car's specs. You'll be limited to a hybrid with max REAL world tongue weight of 450lbs, which limits you to the smallest of hybrids, like your 17FK.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes