cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Jayco Jayfeather Hybrid -Thoughts?

julesmarly
Explorer
Explorer
What are your thoughts on this model and this price?
We have been thinking maybe tent trailer but aren't sure.... we are used to a regular trailer but it was small. I wish the table were to seat 6 but the couch is right there so maybe that would help?

2006 - 19' Jayco Jayfeather Hybrid in EXCELLENT condition
Ultra light weight, with spacious floor plan.
pretty much fully loaded, w/ outdoor shower
and an RV-Q, propane bbq that mounts on the side!
original owner
must see
$9250.
11 REPLIES 11

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
julesmarly wrote:
So if one lives in CA where the prices are higher.... what does one do?
Sigh.

Well, there's 2 choices. Either pay the higher price or travel to where the prices are lower....A lot lower.

Seriously though. I highly recommend that you get a quote for a new trailer online from either rvdirect.com or rvwholesalers.com. Even if you have no intention to buy new, but just for reference.

You'll be amazed how much cheaper a new trailer can be bought for. Usually a minimum of 30% off sticker and sometimes more.

People that have bought from them and traveled the distance to pick it up have found that even with the cost of the trip, they still came out thousands ahead. And many make it a first camping trip.

In my case, I got a great quote from RVDirect but a local dealer matched the quote. I bought a new Jayco 17Z for $12,900 and the sticker was around $18,500.....Of course I don't live in California so it was easier for a dealer to match the quote.

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
julesmarly wrote:
Sigh.

you basically decide whether you're willing to pay that much for a used hybrid. i think you're kinda forced into it, since good used ones are rare and you want a used one.

when we were shopping, we decided that we would not and bought a new one from a Midwest dealer.
we felt that it was better to buy a new one with a warranty, for the same price as a 5 year-old smaller hybrid sold for, out here in California.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

julesmarly
Explorer
Explorer
Sigh.

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
No argument it's a nice camper. Just ain't a $9200 camper. 🙂

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

splashback
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 19H and love it!

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, the price is way out of whack for most of the USA. I can't imagine a new 19 footer would sell for over $15K and only require a "road trip" to bring her home.

2006 trailer could have been made as early is May 2005 making it 8 years old. 8 years sitting out in the sun and rain...

I'm thinking more like $5K for an inflated California price for an 8 year old trailer that cost maybe $11K new.

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
well, high NADA is $6940 but you are in California and good used hybrids are rare and fetch much higher prices than other parts of the country.
since a new hybrid sells for nearly MSRP prices, out here, it's only logical that a used one would sell for much higher than NADA values.

seeing that a new 19H would sell for under $15k in other parts of the country, spending 65% of that, for a 8 year-old hybrid, is up to you.
asking whether it's a good price, is not easy considering how different prices are around the country.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going to from a box to an HTT and are not used to the canvas bunk ends, keep in mind that you will hear every outside noise at night just as if you were sitting outside. In other words, you are "closer to nature". That's not for everybody. If it is for you (like it is for us!) you'll love that trailer. And I don't think the price is too bad. If all goes well we'll be getting our new HTT next week.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Car_Guy
Explorer
Explorer
If it's a 19H it doesn't have the U dinette. We had one for a number of years. Loved it. Ours was an 05. We upgraded to our current 232 when the kids got bigger. We usually used the couch when we ate too. Just extra seating. How many are you camping with? As a previous owner, I'd recommend the trailer.
Car Guy, Security Babe & Kids
2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost D.I.Turbo TiVCT Super Crew XLT

06 Jayco 232 Hybrid
Rallys attended-8; Statz Family Kamps-14
In Wisconsin we're more than
Beer, Brats, Burgers, Cows,& Cheese:B
Join us
Camping in Wisconsin.com

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
3LittleDucks wrote:
Seems reasonable, would be in line with what we looked at when we were shopping. Though I think prices in Canada might be a bit higher? I like the dinette with the couch along the side, makes for a nice walkway to the bed.

How is the u dinette up front treating you? My wife hates the bench infront of our front bunk.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
Seems reasonable, would be in line with what we looked at when we were shopping. Though I think prices in Canada might be a bit higher? I like the dinette with the couch along the side, makes for a nice walkway to the bed.
2008 Nissan Armada TV
2007 Trail Cruiser 21RBH HTT