Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Travel Trailer with Sink in Bathroom

FloridaTime
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning Everyone,

We are searching for our first travel trailer for camping primarily in campgrounds, we are looking at smaller bunkhouses around 21-22ft with queen sized beds. We will mostly just use the camper as a rolling hotel room going to Fort Wilderness and other campgrounds. I actually worked in the RV industry for a long time and now I am in boats but still like the idea of traveling a little with a camper.

My two vehicle is a Range Rover so my towing capacity is 7700lbs but I am wanting to stay below 6000lbs Gross. We have really narrowed down to a Starcraft Autumn Ridge 20BH (a little heavy), a Jayco Jayflight SLX 7’ 174BH (kind of narrow) and a Keystone Hideout 175LHS (a good size compromise but hard to find with rooftop ac). My biggest hang-up on some of the smaller campers is the lack of sink in the bathroom. Those here that own campers without sinks in the bathroom how are you getting along? I was thinking just using the shower to wash hangs in and shave in but I still prefer a sink. I would love a little feedback?! Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have found that we really like having a complete bathroom. All of our stuff is right there, with a wall mirror (and one of those round lighted mirrors on a swivel), and no trudging to the CG bathroom and then realizing you forgot something.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Our last trailer had no sink in the bathroom. I shaved in the shower and we washed our hands in the tub or kitchen sink. No big deal, but we’re kind of happy that our new camper has the sink in the bathroom. Not a deal breaker.

FloridaTime
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
FloridaTime wrote:
I was thinking just using the shower to wash hangs in and shave in but I still prefer a sink. I would love a little feedback?!

A Coachmen Apex 193BHS would seem to meet your requirements. 🙂

Thank you for the suggestion! Unfortunately its a little more than I am looking to spend but still a very nice little camper!

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
kerrlakeRoo wrote:

The OP didn't say it had a wall AC. And the cost of the AC will either be there at purchase or later. The only difference in paying for it is if you want to finance the cost of the AC unit as part of the trailer.

The LHS comes standard with a 8K BTU wall AC

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Smallest Winnebago I could find with your requirements is 25 feet.

https://winnebagoind.com/products/travel-trailer/2018/micro-minnie/floorplans
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaTime wrote:
I was thinking just using the shower to wash hangs in and shave in but I still prefer a sink. I would love a little feedback?!

A Coachmen Apex 193BHS would seem to meet your requirements. 🙂
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
i purposely looked for one without a sink. The showers in campers are so small, on top of the limited water supply. Its easier to just use the CG Bathroom. no need for a sink in the bathroom in my opinion. saves space. I'll never understand the campers where the bathroom takes up 1/3 of the space when they are primarily used just for #1&2 lol

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
Others are addressing the sink for you, but one other thought came to mind. The lack of AC that you mentioned should not necessarily stop you from a unit you otherwise like. If it has a standard vent opening in the roof, an AC can be added and likely the wiring is already in place.

If you used to work in this industry you should be able to either do it yourself or easily find someone to help.
Other then paying for it and filling in the hole left by the wall A/C.

The OP didn't say it had a wall AC. And the cost of the AC will either be there at purchase or later. The only difference in paying for it is if you want to finance the cost of the AC unit as part of the trailer.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
Others are addressing the sink for you, but one other thought came to mind. The lack of AC that you mentioned should not necessarily stop you from a unit you otherwise like. If it has a standard vent opening in the roof, an AC can be added and likely the wiring is already in place.

If you used to work in this industry you should be able to either do it yourself or easily find someone to help.
Other then paying for it and filling in the hole left by the wall A/C.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Our Camplite 21BHS fits your requirements but does not have a sink in the bathroom. It hasn't been a problem for us. We just use the sink in the kitchen area. In addition, you mention staying at campgrounds like Fort Wilderness. We stay there many times a year since my wife retired from there and still gets the benefits. The comfort stations there are great, so we just use them anyway. We find we normally use the campground facilities wherever we go, with the exception of Trailer Village at the Grand canyon. At the Grand Canyon it was still no problem.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just use the sink in the kitchen. Currently I have a trailer with one sink. It works fine and makes winterizing faster.