Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smaller Couples Trailer with a Slide Out + Queen Bed

westcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

My wife and I only camp a couple times each year and are looking for a smaller (for towing with Chevy Blazer) trailer with a stationary queen (or king) bed on one end (preferably with access from both sides, and perhaps a hybrid-like pop-out bed (or other bed option) on the other end to accommodate the occasional visit by one of our grown kids. Our ideal trailer would also have a small slide-out on the side for the table, seats, or whatever.

Would appreciate any suggestions. We're open minded to the possibilities.

Thanks!

Rick
20 REPLIES 20

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"(for towing with Chevy Blazer)"

Could we start with the Blazer's payload max? You'll run out of payload before you hit max trailer weight IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wheelbase has a big bearing on whether the tow vehicle can handle the sail area of the trailer so that the trailer does not control the tow vehicle. In this case the tow rating makes the wheelbase a moot point as nothing out there would be too long in that weight. There is a chart on many sites giving max trailer length for a given wheelbase. It starts with 100" being suitable for a max 20' overall trailer and goes up from there.
The OP is being wise to ask before getting anything to avoid the pitfalls that can occur without research. Unfortunately I don't know of any units that meet his requirement other than the Lance 15 footer that I think has a major flaw in its use of easily scratched plastic windows.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
The wheelbase is nearly irrelevant. The overhang and suspension type has much more effect on stable towing.

4500 is a bit light for something like you describe. The Cougar has what you want but is much, much heavier.

You'll likely be looking at units without slides, and that's a good thing, but it also means a climb-over bed.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
4500 lbs loaded weight and a walkaround bed and slide are not common, maybe
k-z

westcamp
Explorer
Explorer
The wheelbase of my Chevy Blazer is 112.7". The towing capacity cap is 4,500 lbs.

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
What is the wheelbase on your Blazer? That will determine max length for your trailer search and the vehicle payload/towing limits will determine the rest.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member