cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar panels on an Adventurer 89RB

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if anyone else with this camper has mounted solar panels, I'm in the planning stage of getting some Solar but the roof real estate seems really limited.

It almost looks like I may have to remove the useless spaceship looking tv antenna, although I think that means a 3" hole if I remember from another thread.

I was hoping to go with a single ~250w panel but may have to go with two smaller panels.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB
1 REPLY 1

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably some good reading here from MELLO MIKE's pages...

TC SOLAR PANELS

I have a similar thing with my off-road POPUP camper roof...

I think I can mount two 100W or maybe 120WATT panels on each side of the FANTASTIC fan. Then I have a larger area between the air conditioner and the end of the roof. Hoping to fit a 250WATT panel here...

I am planing on using the ALUMINUM UNISTRUT sections across the roof and tie into the side of the roof or maybe even to the side of the roof... I just have fears of drill holes in the roof or gluing on mounts... Alot of folks have good luck however gluing on the solar mounts.

I am going to have a problem with adding weight on the roof of my OFF-ROAD POPUP so want a quick way to to add a couple of these solar panels after I have the roof up and locked in place... The UNISTRUT pieces should make this a very easy process of sliding on a panel and then tightening down the bolts.

Thinking along these lines...

Just food for thought here
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS