Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spy Shot 2015 Nissan Titan Cummins

bmanning
Explorer
Explorer
www.tfltruck.com

If you watch the video you'll notice a 6-lug wheel; reasonable to deduce that it'll remain a half-ton?

Was expecting to see 8 lugs...
BManning
baking in Phoenix :C
-2007 Volvo XC90 AWD V8
4.4L 311/325 V8 6sp Aisin loaded
6100lb GVW 5000lb tow
-1999 Land Cruiser
4.7L 230/320 V8 4sp A343 loaded
6860 GVW 6500lb tow
RV'less at the moment
14 REPLIES 14

jenoble99
Explorer
Explorer
john&bet wrote:
You want to see Nissan/Cummins trucks come to Columbus, IN. They have a few around here.

X2, I see them when I am at the test track all the time. Sure does sound strange hearing that diesel exhaust from the Nissan.

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
The lugs on the test mule may or maynot carry over to the production model.

Don't try to READ ANYTHING in to a test mule photo.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is the Cummins is not the best engine for a 1500 little truck but what Fiat has decided to use would be my choice because of the better mileage that many fellas have been wanting. Fiat wins Nissan loses.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Do we know yet were "Fred" plans on using it? Are they going in a HD version of the Titan? The one in the picture has six lugs and they said it's going to be an all new truck. Good for Titan and good for the people that buy them. BTW I suspect that Fred had pitched the V-8 Cummins to Marchionne had it was shot down in favor of their in house engine. Then Fred goes to Nissan and pitches the diesel idea to them. Again good for them!

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Did anyone else catch what the trailer was being pulled by? We have another image of a 2015 Nissan Titan Cummins test mule vehicle caught in the wild. This time itโ€™s this red, current generation, truck with Cummins stickers on it. This truck and trailer were pulled by a Ram dually. While it looks like Fred's not mad! :B

Don

Get ready... Fred will soon be touting how his Cummins powered Nissan will dust your VM Morori powered RAM.

And that my friend will "Leave a Mark!" :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
While this test mule appeared to be a 1500 series truck, Nissan sells 2500 and 3500 series NV vans with GVWRs up to 10000 lbs. So, they already have the running gear they need to produce HD pickups.
Around here the NV series trucks are pulling trailers loaded up with concrete weights up to probably 8500# to test the trucks and the engines that are fully emissions compliant. They have even been tested out west in the mountains.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
While this test mule appeared to be a 1500 series truck, Nissan sells 2500 and 3500 series NV vans with GVWRs up to 10000 lbs. So, they already have the running gear they need to produce HD pickups.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone else catch what the trailer was being pulled by? We have another image of a 2015 Nissan Titan Cummins test mule vehicle caught in the wild. This time itโ€™s this red, current generation, truck with Cummins stickers on it. This truck and trailer were pulled by a Ram dually. While it looks like Fred's not mad! :B

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
The 12,300 pound GMC Class A had 5 lugs on the front tires. 6 lugs does not mean a limited weight capacity. Nissan means a limited weight capacity.

I wonder why Nissan is not using their excellent diesel engines in their trucks? They probably build as many diesels as Cummins does each year, but put them into small cars sold all around the world, except North America.

Fred.

Likely not meeting US emissions standards.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
You want to see Nissan/Cummins trucks come to Columbus, IN. They have a few around here.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
Was the trailer using ST tires? Or LT?
LOL

Actually, that's most likely a 2015 with current gen skin. Lots of MFR's do similar testing. For example, the all new mustang from Ford is being tested with current gen skin. But the skin is all mis-fitted. That Titan certainly has some seriously disfigured panels. I'm guessing the motor and the frame are going to be substantially larger given the positions of the fenders, headlights, and cab/bed gap.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
The 12,300 pound GMC Class A had 5 lugs on the front tires. 6 lugs does not mean a limited weight capacity. Nissan means a limited weight capacity.

I wonder why Nissan is not using their excellent diesel engines in their trucks? They probably build as many diesels as Cummins does each year, but put them into small cars sold all around the world, except North America.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Payload?

azwildcat99
Explorer
Explorer
Who knows. That's the current generation Titan. The next gen may be different. Sounds like they are jyst using the current truck to test the engine.
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD CCSB 4X4 D/A
2012 Heartland Prowler 27P BHS
Honda EU2000i