cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stanley j5C09-500-A jump starter/compressor reviews

CopanoCruisin
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for reviews on the Stanley-J5C09-500-A jump starter, W/built in 120 psi air compressor. Especially review of the air compressor, our tires carry 80 psi. We have been discussing getting us an air compressor for the Open Range 2011JT337RLS. Well yesterday while waiting in line at the dump station, went to start truck and just click, click, clickity. The guy behind us had one of these jump starter,compressors.Well we started right back up. He advised that he only puts 50 psi in his tires, although he highly recommended this unit and thought that it would work fine @ 80 psi. By the way, only $79 bucks at Amazon. Thanks...........cC
5 REPLIES 5

TheGriswolds
Explorer
Explorer
OK. I thought I had the 500 amp version but I actually have the 450 amp version (900 peak amps). I haven't used the jump start feature (haven't had to yet) but it also has a 12 volt adapter so you could plug something into that, and a place for your USB cable also for cell phones I guess. It also has a light on it

As far as the compressor goes it works, however it is a little slow. I guess for it's intended use (emergency or not every day use) it is fine. It took about 3 minutes to take my tire from 75 to 80psi. The built in gauge was surprisingly accurate, only a pound difference between my pressure gauge. The only potential down side is the air hose is only about 2 1/2 feet long. What I like about it is when charging the device you don't need a special adapter, just an extension cord that plugs directly into it. All in all probably a nice thing to have in thru-storage if you have space. It also comes with some other adapters to fill bike tires and a needle for sports balls. Don't know how much this one cost but if you needed it, I'm sure it would be worth the $.
2011 F-250 Supercrew 4x4
2013 Keystone Cougar 31 SQB

TheGriswolds
Explorer
Explorer
I just got one of these for my birthday a few weeks ago. Everything works fine but tomorrow I'll go put air in my truck tires (e-rated tires) and the back tires call for 80psi. I'll let you know how the compressor does.
2011 F-250 Supercrew 4x4
2013 Keystone Cougar 31 SQB

wildwood1
Explorer
Explorer
I have been reviewing, the jnc 660 has best reviews for a jump starter. I can't speak for a combo jump starter and ac,it seems there are tradeoffs. I just bought a small craftsman ac that had good reviews for an ac.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a similar one ( Black and Decker brand ) that I got at Lowe's or H Depot. Works....pretty slow to put air in tires with it, but it's will do it if you have time. And yes, I have used the jump start part of it....sometimes it works, sometimes not. If the battery is really low on the vehicle you are trying to jump, this thing just can't do it. Overall, I feel it's worth carrying, so it stays in the storage of the trailer while traveling.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
CopanoCruisin wrote:
Looking for reviews on the Stanley-J5C09-500-A jump starter, W/built in 120 psi air compressor. Especially review of the air compressor, our tires carry 80 psi. We have been discussing getting us an air compressor for the Open Range 2011JT337RLS.

I don't have a review on the above unit but I am also in the market since I'd like to give the RV battery an assist when opening up my slides at the storage site.

I had a Sears product which died after a few uses, between which I left it plugged in. Trouble is the charger is not smart so that killed the battery. I can only suggest to get a jump starter with a smart docking station or similar, like this Schumacher unit.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_