Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starcraft Launch Outfitter?

Biggyniner
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Wife and I are considering a TT for our growing family. Since my Mother lives us, and we plan on bringing her in addition to our two daughters and two dogs - we need space. I've been eyeballing bunkhouses and there is a dealership with some decent prices on their Starcraft Launch Outfitter line.

Does anyone have any experience with this line and/or brand? How's build quality etc..

Thanks for any info.
Chris (KD7WZW)
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus M-32IP
8 REPLIES 8

Biggyniner
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the feedback, much appreciated. As 'SoundGuy' put it, just sounds like another average manufactured trailer. Due Diligence will be key here.

Another concern of mine is just the size. I'm looking at something in the 30 - 35 foot range to accommodate everyone. I like some of the plans with essentially a rear bunk room. The amount (usually 3) of slides and just overall length (more susceptible to twist - especially those Friday built trailers) makes me wary...

I have been eyeballing some Grand Design models, although much pricier they supposedly have decent quality control...
Chris (KD7WZW)

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2015 Starcraft we bought new. It's been good so far, we have only had repeated issues with the Furrion DVD player that came in it. Wouldn't play DVD's after a year, Furrion replaced under warrantee, next one same issue after a year. No warrantee on the second one according to Furrion. Oh well.

But, Starcraft didn't build the DVD player, and that is the only real issue we have had.
2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
gaymeadowsman wrote:
Starcraft was the sister company of Jayco for many years.

Biggyniner wrote:
Yea I knew Jayco owned them, did not know that Thor bought Jayco.

Starcraft RV has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Jayco for a number of years now and was acquired by Thor in July 2016 when it purchased Jayco and it's subsidiary companies. JMO, Starcraft is no better or worse than the average N American manufactured travel trailer, which unfortunately isn't saying much. 😞
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have had a Starcraft Autumn Ridge 235fb (twin sister to Jayco 23/24fb) since 2012. Other than some very minor things that I've easily fixed myself, we have had no problems with it and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We bought this during the economic downturn - Starcraft had actually shut down their production line and was building the Autumn Ridge at the Jayco Plant. Really couldn't find a nickel's difference between the two brands in price or quality.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
After seeing our Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS friends of ours who had been popup camping for years decided to get their own similar trailer and bought a Starcraft Launch 21FBS. Unfortunately the front wall leaked badly and had to be replaced under warranty but AFAIK it's been fine ever since.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2015 Starcraft Launch 21FBS for three years and were quite happy with it. No major problems. We would have it still except we decided to get a 5th wheel instead.

Biggyniner
Explorer
Explorer
gaymeadowsman wrote:
Starcraft was the sister company of Jayco for many years. Now that Thor Industries owns Jayco I would guess it now owns Starcraft as well. At one time both seemed to have a very good reputation for quality products, maybe they still do. It's been about 5 years or so since the buyout. Check out the one you like. Look it over with your eyes, not your heart.

Yea I knew Jayco owned them, did not know that Thor bought Jayco. I'll have to give it a good looking over. I've had my share of build quality issues on prior RVs I've bought, just seems to be the nature of the beast.
Chris (KD7WZW)

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Starcraft was the sister company of Jayco for many years. Now that Thor Industries owns Jayco I would guess it now owns Starcraft as well. At one time both seemed to have a very good reputation for quality products, maybe they still do. It's been about 5 years or so since the buyout. Check out the one you like. Look it over with your eyes, not your heart.
John 😛
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT