cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Staying home this weekend

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
we were suppose to head up for a few days until that storm hit yesterday. I didn't worry about the pea sized hail we had two days ago but something about the larger chunks we had yesterday made me want to go check on the trailer. Good thing too as both vent covers had been shattered. The front is dimpled too but not too bad.

We got the vents sealed up and thought it possible still to go up until I saw the forecast for up there being rain all weekend. Even if I can get new covers on today, sitting in a 200 sq ft box while it pours doesn't sound like much fun.

Happy Holiday to all and for those that will get to go out, be safe and have fun.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator
8 REPLIES 8

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder just how many roofers will be calling to do a free inspection today. I know Denver is a big city but I didn't think we had that many roofing contractors out there. I started answering the phone by saying If you are calling about the roof, it is concrete tile and it's fine.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I got lucky and found a Ameri-lite dealer on the way into town. They have the lids I need without having to pull mine first. They also have a pair of MaxxAir vent covers that I'll get too. After watching a few youtube videos I realized it would have been faster to replace the lids than tape them up.

Weather yesterday was in freaky mode again. It started by dropping a tornado on a campground at 8500 ft. I don't remember many tornadoes at altitude, luckily no one was hurt. Bellaire lake has some nice dispersed camping around it as long as you don't mind the bears. We have also seen moose around there.

With the Mothers day snow and the storms since there are a number of camp grounds closed this weekend. Call first before you make the drive.

JoeTampa
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying home this weekend, but because of a different type of damage -- brain damage. I forgot to make a reservation someplace and now all the good places to go near Tampa, FL are full up. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2006 Keystone Cougar 243RKS (First trailer)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS (Traded in)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 33RBTS (Current)
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.6L Duramax Diesel (LBZ)
Blue Ox Swaypro 1500 WDH
Prodigy P2 BC
Amateur Call AB2M

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about the messed-up weekend plans and the broken vent covers, Jim, but I'm glad it wasn't worse. It could have been SO much worse!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Canuckistani
Explorer
Explorer
I'm up in FoCo and though we didn't get hail yesterday, we got it about two weeks ago. $2000 in damage to the tow rig, but only popped holes in two of our vent covers. I'm going to temporarily throw some duct tape over them before we head up to Glendo for what's bound to be a rainy weekend. Oh well - it's a weekend away from home!
2009 Chevrolet Suburban LT2
2014 Dutchmen Aerolite 282DBHS

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't hail fun! Our TT was beat up pretty good a few years ago, too. At the time, we had it parked on a seasonal spot and we just happened to be there that weekend. Good thing, too as it also shattered both vent covers. After replacing the covers, I installed Maxxairs over both to add an additional layer of protection.

I also remember the Colorao hail storms. We lived in Colorado Springs for 4 years and I remember two storms bad enough they had to get the snow plow trucks out to clear the roads.
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
Actually we were on I 70 heading in to Denver when it started. All we could see a head of us was a huge wall cloud with lots of rotation. I was lucky to get to the right but couldn't get to a exit. The radio reported 2 in hail heading towards us so I switched on the 4x4, found a hole in the fence and took a field to a side street.In minutes it was loud that we were shouting to be heard, visibility was so bad that people were stopping in the streets and sitting there. Once home it got worse and we were moving stuff away from the windows thinking they were going to get broken.

All in all we were lucky with just a few dimples on the trucks and a pair of shutters to replace on the house. Some of the neighbors siding looks like it was hit with buck shot. There were six tornados south of us and more east but the hail did most of the damage.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I saw that on weather channel.. wow, scary stuff!
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman