cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Ideas for this?

mommie53241
Explorer
Explorer

This is where the old privacy curtain or slide used to be and what it was like when we got it. Sooo I thought that I could you it for some sort of storage or something. Where the piece of wood is that apparently its to help hold up the cabinet is coming out and my DH is going to put a 3/4 stained board there and we are going to mount a 19" tv on a articulating arm so we can watch movies in bed and I can turn it to be able to watch from the couch. So I have this stupid space in between and have no clue what I could put there??? wire shelf? but then things would fall off during travel. A long shelves and use quake hold (that stuff is awesome also) for whatever nick nacks etc. Your thoughts and ideas? 🙂
18 REPLIES 18

mommie53241
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to look for something like the rattan one I think it could work perfect 🙂

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
quote wrote:
I love the rods with the rattan baskets looked at it it 12 wide

Not that you have to this exact one, it was the idea of something like this .
That's why I suggested mounting it sideways if 12" was too wide.
5" w , is all you need. You could cut the length to fit to the countertop that you have .

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
I love the way we utilize space in our TC's.

mommie53241
Explorer
Explorer
I do plan on doing the things that need to be done first actually my DH will be doing the work and I will assist 🙂 ie the rotten area by the bed, replacing the pex pipe etc. I just like getting ideas on different areas for when we start but we cant do it all at once so some at a time. 🙂

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad

Second pic changes any ideas I thought I might have. One was I thought the 'support' board was on the wall. Maybe its what is planned but replacing with full width board, actually I might pull the cabinet end and replace with one contiguous piece to bed face frame. Corner. Make that area behind the sink width of counter all part of the back splash.

Ya gathering ideas is good but does seem to be a few different areas.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
huh- double post
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
Don't install 12v TV...too expensive and better way to go is inverter to run TV. There are many posts about TV on here, need to do some rerading to make inofrmed decision. Some TV come with external power packs which makes them 12v or 120v. Plus do you have an antenna/dish or ? Also, the concensus I have drawn on RVNET is that the Jensen set up isn't that great...again make wise informed decisions, do many searches and read the theards. Use the TC Univesity section, explore and read...much of what you are doing is covered, mentioned or completely sorted out.

Now with some of the posts you have going already...you should tell us what you are actually doing...like the rotten section you found...it seems to me that needs to be done and then these other things. am glad you have taken this on, because your expereinces in doing the porjects will add to the total knowledge base, if you contribute the solutions in the threads with pics,naturally! Good Luck! Again JMHO!!!
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

mommie53241
Explorer
Explorer
haven't got done removing things yet like the stupid soap holders so excuse the mess 🙂

mommie53241
Explorer
Explorer

hers another pic it looks like I would have enough room width for the tention rod caddy to go from the ceiling down to the counter with 1-2 baaskets coming straight down facing out and one at the bottom turned inward.??

mommie53241
Explorer
Explorer
I love the ideas I forgot to add the its only 6 inches wide. I love the rods with the rattan baskets looked at it it 12 wide 😞 I like the idea of a cd/dvd shelf to hang that is one idea I thought of also.
K heres another thought what about a tension rod shower caddy with baskets? or would that look stupid?

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
With counter space always being at a premium, a shelf to hold a 4 cup coffee pot would be nice with a 110v outlet right there. Also a place for a toaster if you have one?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
good call on the paper towel holder. I should be more observant.
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I first saw the pic, I thought about a coat hook/rod, but it seems to be close to kitchen given the placement of the paper towel holder. Given that, you might be able to fit a spice rack or move the towel ring.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I once used a tier shelf , something like this.

You could make something like this yourself or alter this one so it fits sideways.
It might be narrow enough to fit and you would still have access to the bins . Being you have a cabinet with a door at that location, you can use bolts with large enough washers and it would be a solid mount, the washers will absorb the stress and not rip out.
If you use screws, they could come loose from road bumps .