cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storing TC on lawn

HUNTERJEFF
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am in the process of moving and I currently park my TC on a blacktop driveway. The house I am moving to doesnโ€™t have a paved driveway so I will have to park on the lawn. I am looking for any tips. I hope it doesnโ€™t make looking the TC much harder.
Thanks Jeff
38 REPLIES 38

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
You never know when soft soil will get more rain or sprinkler water and become swamp.
I park my camper on dirt driveway and would I not put additional support in front, who knows how it would look after heavy rain since rear legs sunk 6".
So don't take any chances and put big wood planks under the feet.
You can buy grass-like carpet to camouflage it and refrigerator ๐Ÿ˜‰

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
It will look fine.
Next you can move your refrigerator to the front porch so all the neighbors will know you have one.
:B

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wood blocks under the jacks and a fancy looking cover.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
It will look fine.
Next you can move your refrigerator to the front porch so all the neighbors will know you have one.

HUNTERJEFF
Explorer II
Explorer II
**** spellcheck I meant loading not looking. Lol

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I store my TC in my backyard. I place a cement square then wood square under each foot of of the TC, each foot of sawhorse that has 3/4" plywood to help support the TC. I haven't had any problems except when I want to load the TC I need to make sure the ground is dry. I keep it plugged in to electrical.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Assume it is too soft. Iโ€™d add gravel or pavers with 1 ft square stall matt or plywood under the jacks.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When I park th MH on the grass for a long time it makes the grass look harder.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure what word 'looking' is supposed to be. It will kill the grass.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman