cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Surveyor Travel trailer

HUNTERJEFF
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback on a surveyor trailer. I love the floorplan but the fit and finish was very poor. Could see every staple and bottom of cabinet was broken which was particle board. Is this the norm or was this camper a one off. This was a brand new unit
Thanks
Jeff
12 REPLIES 12

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
HUNTERJEFF wrote:
the fit and finish was very poor.
Jeff

I walk away from that particular TT because of what you said above. If the visible stuff looks bad imagine what the things you cant see looks like.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being a current and previous owner of Forest River products, I would say Caveat Emptor.

Not going to post long winded negative experiences dealing with those clowns but if the OP wants to hear them shoot me a PM.

Anytime a person asks a question about build quality on a current model it's followed up by many saying how great their 2007 was, or their 2000. Comparing any of them made today, a 2017 or 2018, is comparing an apple to a slab of prime rib when it comes to comparisons to older units. Even the ones built a few years back as in 2012 were built much better than today. The RV Industry has one agenda, to make as much profit as possible while times are good because they know it won't continue. It is and always has been cyclic. Customer satisfaction, quality control, and repeat business are not on the agenda.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Surveyor SV264RK Select. We are totally happy with it. At our age we'll quit RVing before we get rid of it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

mitw44
Explorer
Explorer
I started my rv career in an older Surveyor SV235rs. It had a rear slide. I am told the line was dropped for awhile, and when Forest River brought it back, it was a mid/high level trailer. We looked at a few before choosing our current rig, which we bought this year.
2009 F 250 XLT SC 4x4 3.73 LS 5.4L V8
2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171 RBXL

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like it was a one off. In my opinion the Surveyor is of better quality than a lot of the other models out there. Mine is now 10 years old, have never had a problem. The outside has scuffs and scratches, but the inside still looks new.

HUNTERJEFF
Explorer II
Explorer II
The model we were looking at is a 265 rlds

clarkbre
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the "Happy Surveyor Club". We bought ours earlier this year and have been using it quite a bit. No major issues. Overall, my wife and I felt that it was a higher quality, better finished trailer than most of the other Forest River, Keystone and other brands we looked at in the sub-$30k group.

coachjeff
Explorer
Explorer
My parents bought one 2 years ago and never had any issues with it and now I have it and it is a great trailer.
Me, Wife, 4 kids and a dog
2016 Surveyor 265RLDS
2012 Chevy 3/4 Ton Suburban 4 wheel drive.

mattmountz94
Explorer
Explorer
My first camper was a Surveyor 305. Awesome trailer wish I never got rid of it. Had for 3yrs and besides a short on an exterior light never had an issue.

fx2tom
Explorer
Explorer
I've had one for 3 years and we've been extremely happy with it. There is little trim stuff with every brand - mine didn't have anything like you are describing.
2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Never heard of that brand.

Seriously? The Surveyor series of trailers has been a staple of the Forest River product line for as long as I can remember. :R Quality isn't any better or worse than most other brands.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of that brand. Based on your description I would never consider one either. Forget this one and move on.