cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thermostat, 2004 Lance 1121

kopack
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone else had to replace the thermostat on their Lance? I replaced the original about 4 yrs ago because it got to be very touchy as far as turning the AC on and off. It got to the point where the OFF range was so small that it was almost certain to have either the gas heat or AC on, as though there was no OFF position. Anyway, after doing the replacement 4 yrs ago, the same problem has recurred. Solutions?
Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
Kopack
2004 Chev 3500 EC D/A 4x4, 2004 Lance 1121, 2004 Lund Explorer
6 REPLIES 6

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with biscuit, I wired the hi/low switch, and never use the low setting. We have an auto mode that shuts down the AC when the temp is reached, it runs a lot less when on the hi fan.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
is it friday yet? wrote:
I just put a Hunter thermostat model # 44272 in my 5th wheel two days ago. All I need to do is add a switch for the hi speed fan. Once I found what wires to hook up and wires to leave off, it was easy.

I didn't bother with the switch........just wired it for high fan. Never used low fan anyway.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
I just put a Hunter thermostat model # 44272 in my 5th wheel two days ago. All I need to do is add a switch for the hi speed fan. Once I found what wires to hook up and wires to leave off, it was easy.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

kopack
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info on the digital t stats. I'll be looking to do that mod very soon. Thanks again!
kopack
2004 Chev 3500 EC D/A 4x4, 2004 Lance 1121, 2004 Lund Explorer

Powelligator
Explorer
Explorer
I swapped mine out with a programmable digital thermostat some years ago. Not a Hunter model as the poster above, but it works just the same - set it and forget it.

Joe
2014 F-350 carrying a 1995 Lance 4000
1994 F-250HD carrying nothing, enjoying its retirement. 🙂

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replace it with a digital t-stat......Hunter Model with battery power.

I replaced analog t-stat in our 5vr several years ago.
Has 'cool', 'heat' and 'fan' settings.
Set it for XX degrees and that is what it controls to.

Great mod....and cheap ~$25 now

Digital T-stat Mod
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31