cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tires - 2013 3500HD Denali

Dr__Blake
Explorer
Explorer
Need new tires; currently have Michelin LTX at2; I like but thought I would see if anyone has had a good experience with something else.

Truck is mainly used to pull my GVWR 11,000 pound trailer in the mountans. Not a ton of winter driving.

Thanks!
2013 GMC 3500HD Diesel Denali
2019 Outdoors RV 28BHS
Sold - 2012 Arctic Fox 25S
Alberta Canada

2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 CrewMax (Sold - I loved this truck)
22 REPLIES 22

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I would suggest the same tires as the ones suggested in the other 1,234 tire threads.
Those seem to work best.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
I really like my Firestone Transforce tires on my dually. I've ran them on my Dodge and now my Chevy and like the ride and durability.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
These had 50k on my Son's 15 RAM 3500 SRW LB. Load Range "F" NITTO's.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the Toyos from Les Schwab.
Coopers are doing well and made in the US.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
ksss wrote:
Those MS2's are horrible for Winter driving. Maybe they wear well but if don't perform in "all terrain" then what good are they? I realize that "not a ton of Winter driving" is not very specific, but if it is a possibility I would pull those tires. I just got a 2019 3500 HD with those tires and it is Winter here in Idaho, couldn't get those off fast enough. They were horrible. I put on a set of Nitto EXO Grapplers, pretty aggressive all terrain tire. Great in snow, and ice and off road. This is my 4th set. I have also had good luck with Nitto G2's, less aggressive, less noise but competent in most conditions, has a lot of biting edges which help during the Winter. I have been happy with a set of Cooper SST MAXX, that I have on a DRW.

How many miles are you getting on the Nittos?
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

twodownzero
Explorer
Explorer
ksss wrote:
Those MS2's are horrible for Winter driving. Maybe they wear well but if don't perform in "all terrain" then what good are they? I realize that "not a ton of Winter driving" is not very specific, but if it is a possibility I would pull those tires. I just got a 2019 3500 HD with those tires and it is Winter here in Idaho, couldn't get those off fast enough. They were horrible. I put on a set of Nitto EXO Grapplers, pretty aggressive all terrain tire. Great in snow, and ice and off road. This is my 4th set. I have also had good luck with Nitto G2's, less aggressive, less noise but competent in most conditions, has a lot of biting edges which help during the Winter. I have been happy with a set of Cooper SST MAXX, that I have on a DRW.

That's the tire I'm putting on my truck next time. I have the Terra Grapplers now and I'm very impressed with the performance for what I use my pickup for--pulling trailers and carrying a camper on things that usually look like roads.

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stick with the Michelin MS2's or whatever they call them!. Bridgestone's if you want longer life but not as good of a ride.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD