cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took new camper out this weekend

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
The new passport elite was great! Except, our microwave doesn't work. The keypad doesn't respond, so we will be calling the dealer tomorrow. ugh.
We went about an hour away, up north to Lake In Woods in Pa, it was beautiful, but, OMG, we had to climb mountains to get there! The excursion did great, but I don't like towing like that, thankfully DH drives and I can close my eyes.
I think we will head to NJ or south (flat) for future camping for a while.
7 REPLIES 7

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Ours didn't work at campground or at home. I called the dealer, they ordered a new one, so we should get it soon!
Thank you for the suggestions though, I was hoping it was something easy. Oh well, it could be worse!

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
CorgiCrazy wrote:
Thanks Steve. It looks completely normal. Its lit up and looks normal. But when you touch the keypads to operate it. Nothing happens. I even tried holding the start button to see if a child lock was on. It didn't change anything. We powered up the tt when we came home to see if it worked but it still didn't work.

I have a new TT also and thought my microwave didn't work either. When I was hooked up at home it wouldn't work. However, when I went to the campground and hooked up to 30 amp, and then started by pressing the power button, and setting it for power of 10, then it did work. Don't know if this will help your situation, and not sure if this is what fixed mine. All i know is I thought it didn't work, but then it started working. :h
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

chevyman2
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on trip #1 If the microwave is the only thing that doesnt work, you are in good shape. That is a 3rd party deal, and will get replaced easy. Have Fun.
Tim-DW(Kathy)
12 Chevy Sonic DD, 03 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE, 2001 Jayco KIWI
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream-then I am living the dream

CorgiCrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Steve. It looks completely normal. Its lit up and looks normal. But when you touch the keypads to operate it. Nothing happens. I even tried holding the start button to see if a child lock was on. It didn't change anything. We powered up the tt when we came home to see if it worked but it still didn't work.

rscraig
Explorer
Explorer
CorgiCrazy wrote:
The keypad doesn't respond, so we will be calling the dealer tomorrow.

Does the microwave clock light up? Most microwaves have an AC plug that goes into a standard socket usually in the back of a cabinet somewhere. Maybe yours didnt get plugged in? Just a thought.
Steve
2012 Jayco Eagle 26.5 RKS
2006 Dodge 2500 4x2 QC 5.9L CTD

noralee
Explorer
Explorer
We just completed our inaugural camping trip last weekend at Taughannock Falls near Ithaca, NY. Went very well. It was FREEZING! We totally snuggled with family and friends in our heated TT. It was great to have a change of scenery from the typical work week and we are so ready to get out as often as possible during these next months. Thanks to the heater, we can extend the season. This year we are staying in NY. The driving was a bit nerve wracking but we will get more comfortable as time goes on, I'm sure. We passed Camping World on our way home to get a rug which we had not purchased. Good times! Have fun!

Georshrwd
Explorer
Explorer
Good for you, the first trip is under your belt. Our first trip away from home will be on mothers day. We have had the trailer at our house several times to go through the systems and to organize and now we are ready to roll. I can't wait! Was there anything you forgot?
2013 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
2013 Passport 23BH