cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Trailer graphics faded

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure this has come up before, so maybe someone has a source on where to get replacement graphics for my 2004 Wildnerness by Fleetwood. A local vinyl sign company said he could probably make up new ones if we made patterns from the old ones but warned me it would be expensive:(
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
24 REPLIES 24

RichieW
Explorer
Explorer
KevSchofield wrote:
RichieW wrote:
KevSchofield wrote:

I spent a weekend with a heat gun and WD-40 removing the old graphics, then did a simple racing stripe (ebay vinyl),
a few new Coleman stickers, a small 'scene' graphic (again from ebay) and some vinyl lettering for "Coleman Caravan"..

Cost was right around $100 for all..

May not look as fancy as it did new, but it looks way better than the cracked, peeling graphics did..

How did you keep the stripes so straight?

The stripes came in 8 foot lengths and had a backing on both sides..
You peel the backing from the side that is going to stick to the surface,
then mist the surface with water and put the stripe on..
Once it was in place you squeegee out the water and peel the protective
backing off leaving just the stripe in place.

It takes a little patience but trust me, putting on the new stripes
was way easier than removing the old ones ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks good. I'm not sure if I want to remove my graphics yet. I'm afraid I'll just make it worse.
2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab V-8
2015 Sunset Trail 290RL

KevSchofield
Explorer
Explorer
Tom Trostel wrote:
The original vinyl stripes on our 1980 Bigfoot were orange and olive green. The green was faded and the strips did not go over the door or frig vent. I masked the edges and used Krylon Fusion hunter green on the olive and Rust-Oleum seafoam spray can on the orange. Five year in the Texas and they still look good.

original

new

Nice idea that looks great!
Kev in NH
'07 Jayco Eagle 325BHS w/ the big bunks
'02 Ford F350 V10 w/ Reese 16K slider

Tom_Trostel
Explorer
Explorer
The original vinyl stripes on our 1980 Bigfoot were orange and olive green. The green was faded and the strips did not go over the door or frig vent. I masked the edges and used Krylon Fusion hunter green on the olive and Rust-Oleum seafoam spray can on the orange. Five year in the Texas and they still look good.

original

new

KevSchofield
Explorer
Explorer
RichieW wrote:
KevSchofield wrote:

I spent a weekend with a heat gun and WD-40 removing the old graphics, then did a simple racing stripe (ebay vinyl),
a few new Coleman stickers, a small 'scene' graphic (again from ebay) and some vinyl lettering for "Coleman Caravan"..

May not look as fancy as it did new, but it looks way better than the cracked, peeling graphics did..

The stripes came in 8 foot lengths and had a backing on both sides..
You peel the backing from the side that is going to stick to the surface,
then mist the surface with water and put the stripe on..
Once it was in place you squeegee out the water and peel the protective
backing off leaving just the stripe in place.

It takes a little patience but trust me, putting on the new stripes
was way easier than removing the old ones ๐Ÿ™‚
Kev in NH

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
We peeled three sides, fourth will be done this winter. Being all white, we call it the "Fema Trailer" but I will probably paint new graphics on it where they were, as no matter how much polishing you do (in a filon walled unit) you can still see where they were...

I wish they just left them off from the get-go!
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

facory
Explorer
Explorer
Very professional job. Looks GREAT!
2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike

RichieW
Explorer
Explorer
KevSchofield wrote:

2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab V-8
2015 Sunset Trail 290RL

facory
Explorer
Explorer
I bought graphic vinyl from this seller on eBay. It is sign vinyl good for 9 years. I have cut the pattern from it and applied it to the trailer. It went on easy and is beautiful. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271009649460?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2008 Cruiser RV Fun FinderXtra
Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 SuperCrew 5.4L 6.5' Bed 150" WB 3.73
Schwinn Mountain Bike

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem with my old RV. Camping in Mexico there was a body shop coming around and stripping off graphics and hand painting new ones. i shoudl have gone for it. They charged less than $200 and I have seen the same RV's 3 years later and they still look great.

NHDad
Explorer
Explorer
beg4mercy wrote:
KevSchofield wrote:
I bought a 2001 Coleman Caravan last August that was priced really nicely, mostly due to the graphics looking poor.

Nice work!! Looks great!!

I agree, nice job!

beg4mercy
Explorer
Explorer
KevSchofield wrote:
I bought a 2001 Coleman Caravan last August that was priced really nicely, mostly due to the graphics looking poor.

Nice work!! Looks great!!
2013 Wilderness 3150DS pulled by a 2015 Silverado 2500HD

KevSchofield
Explorer
Explorer

Kev in NH

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
So, Coalminer...you painted the graphics on 3 trailers using a rattle can? Did you use any particular brand or do any special prep?

Coalminer_UG
Explorer
Explorer
IBcarguy wrote:
Getting the old ones off is a pain and you can see the image of the decal where it's not faded or discolored. Once off, it would be easy to mask off the image and paint. I wonder if Rust-Oleum paint in a rattle can would hold up? Anyone ever try this?

I have done that on 3 trailers. Works for me.
Ches

Served In Canadian Army 1PPCLI

Retired Underground Coal Miner (Gen Foreman)