cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traveling Teacher- Updating our 32' TT

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie requested I start a new thread linking to my website, where I am chronicling our updates to a 32' travel trailer, so here it is: Traveling Teacher.
2003 Timberlodge Travel Trailer
2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel
The Traveling Teacher
18 REPLIES 18

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
We made our first longer trip in June/July. Updated the blog with most of the trip, still have one or two places left to add
The Traveling Teacher

TriumphGuy
Explorer
Explorer
TravelingTeacher wrote:

Hubby definitely plans to re-seal all of the seams on the outside before we take it out again. It seems that all leaks were from corners of the trailer.

My last 5er was similar. All four corners leaked. Makes me wonder who was sleeping on the job the day mine was on the line.

I would suggest Eternabond and forget the self leveling sealant. I repaired mine with it when it was apart and never had issues again, and never had troubles sleeping (when I had it and after I sold it) ๐Ÿ™‚
2011 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA (Mack); 2015 VW GTI (Lightning - toad); 2008 Acura MDX SH-AWD (Sally).
Any opinions are my own and not my employer's.
Missing the towing days: 2000 Ford F250 (Trusty Horse)
Follow us (BusyDadRVLife) on YouTube

sask934
Explorer
Explorer
I like all the work that has been done thus far. The Head board looks great as does the start of the new cabinets in the bedroom.

The ice storm sure does a lot of damage, lots of cleanup was needed I see! Looking forward to more up dates.

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
We have actually used the trailer for over a year, and the leak had been fixed when we got it. They did the cosmetic repairs inside, but nothing inside the walls, obviously.

Hubby definitely plans to re-seal all of the seams on the outside before we take it out again. It seems that all leaks were from corners of the trailer.

Thanks for the thumbs up! We have been really working hard to make it exactly what we want for the long haul (no pun intended);). Since we hope to be gone 4-6 months a year, we have really put a ton of thought into functionality and efficiency.
The Traveling Teacher

TriumphGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow I feel your pain with the water damage. I had some on my previous 5er but you really had your work cut out for you (sorry, no pun intended). Big thumbs up for not only repairing but customizing to your liking.

Just one question, I may have missed it ... did you fix the source of the leaks?
2011 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA (Mack); 2015 VW GTI (Lightning - toad); 2008 Acura MDX SH-AWD (Sally).
Any opinions are my own and not my employer's.
Missing the towing days: 2000 Ford F250 (Trusty Horse)
Follow us (BusyDadRVLife) on YouTube

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
Hubby was finally able to get back to work, after second carpal tunnel surgery. Updated my site with new work he has done. I think we can see the beginning of the end!:)
The Traveling Teacher

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in the upstate, at least you are getting snow more than ice today! I am not sure we will have a pine tree anywhere near us with a top left on it. They are all over the yard now and still snapping and falling like crazy as I type this. UGH!! What a mess. And this is just what was there before dark, trees have been steadily snapping off in the woods by our house all day and night!
The Traveling Teacher

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Travelingteacher, I enjoyed your page! I, too, am a teacher in SC with dreams of travel. We're different in that I'm in my FIRST year...a long ways to go yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

We do plan to use our summers to full advantage! 6 weeks out west this summer!

I look forward to following your adventures!
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful job!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback! We are truly having a ball working on this.

This may be my favorite picture so far, seems is really gives you a feel for our new look:

The Traveling Teacher

sask934
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what a great read and a great job thus far.

This is what I hope to do in 5 years....maybe not the reno, but the traveling around North America for a couple of years.

Very good job of providing pics and words to show and describe the renovation.

I have subscribed to this thread. Looking forward to the updates.

skwid
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great. I'm sure you cant wait to get it out on the road!

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
Updated my site this morning with a few more pictures. Bedroom is being painted, working on our window treatments in the LR and new bathroom faucets installed.
The Traveling Teacher

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
LynnandCarol and Drbolasky, thanks for the kind words! We LOVE doing these kinds of projects. Redoing our house was literally a 15 year process, but it was finished finally last summer and hubby moved immediately into working on the TT. He has to have something going on all the time or he is miserable. And of course, he has been retired for 12 years, lucky dog. I just retired in June 2013, so I am catching up!
The Traveling Teacher