cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck camper window leakage

Raleighgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! New to campers and this forum. I just bought a 1984 western wilderness 10 foot truck camper. The window by the table and seating leaks when it rains. I’ve been looking at videos and I noticed there are no weeping outlets at least that I can tell on the inside . Help!:)) I took off the inner frame tonight and I’m wondering if I should take out while window and recall or caulk over what is there. Thank you!:)
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the forum! 🙂

Where is the window leaking?

Is it coming in through the inside, backing up in the track and spilling in? I'm assuming this window is a slider that opens, or similar.
If so, then removing the window and resealing will not cure it. A thorough cleaning of all places where water has access to should take care of it. These windows typically don't have drain holes as a house window. The frames are not hollow, therefore no need for internal drainage. They should have provisions for drainage from the inside of the track to the outside though, with perhaps a notch in the outside of the frame to allow it to run out.

Or is it coming in around the outside of the frame? If so, then yes, the window needs to be removed, thoroughly cleaned up and resealed.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com