Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck pulls good now.

navy80to04
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,
Did a little work on the truck, now I don't need to floor it going up small hills and still drop down below the 45mph when cars are flying by at 70. And get bad MPG. I get great MPG now and I can keep up with the safe speed going up hills and not have to speed going down to make the next hill. Just keep it in OD and set the cruze. it keeps it right on the mark. That eng break that the truck came with works great. Slows the rig down just nice and eazy.
Just like that 18 wheeler I drove hauling propane out of IN.
2017 29H outlaw class C
loaded. Retired Navy
32 REPLIES 32

Goose2448
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah I have mine in the garage. Would have to get creative on putting it back on, but I still have the worthless nonworking crap. I would get with Willie at Synthetic Motorsports for some EFI Live from Kory Willis for your CTD. He can get you set up with some custom tuning to fit your mods and your truck.
2008 GMC LMM CCLB DRW "Stuff and Things"
2004 Jayco Jayflight

6dot6
Explorer
Explorer
Gonna cost u way more if you need them again. Nowadays you should hold on to that stuff the way******costs.
2010 gmc cc dually twins, nozzles and trans. 12.6 @ 108 so far.
2013 coleman 297re

navy80to04
Explorer
Explorer
I got $850.00 bucks for the old exh system (just the 3 cats). THey had me CUT the cats off the pipes and box the cats up and send them to them 60 lbs.
2017 29H outlaw class C
loaded. Retired Navy

navy80to04
Explorer
Explorer
yep typo 26K. on fuel. I think you can't get a tuner for your street truck anymore with out turning in your VIN # or signing something that it is for off road, after jan 1 of this year, maybe you can on ebay or some 2nd seller. I know the exh system wanted the VIN# of the truck but that was after I had the system, on. to bad for them, never sent it in. Maybe it is just for race turners that fool everything on the truck. The stock main computer went out at 100200 and it cost me 3K for DODGE to replace it. DODGE would not help me on this, I went and talked to them about it as far up as I could find people to talk to at the main DODGE, Way pass the dealer. Nothing, they said it is my truck now, and it was ALL Stock still. SO thats when I took all that junk off of MY truck AT 101K.
2017 29H outlaw class C
loaded. Retired Navy

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
navy80to04 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
RAS43 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:

x3. I would love to delete. Don't want anymore HP/TQ just want 5,000 mile oil change intervals. Maybe another 1-2 mpg would be nice. But not for $$$$ and loss of warranty. So I have to do one more oil change a year ($52.00) still way cheaper than $1000.00's out of my pocket for work that should covered under warranty. After the warranty's up it could be a different story. But 4yrs from now who knows what the EPA will have a strangle hold on.

Could you explain the part about wanting 5000 mile oil changes ?? What would you have to delete to get that? I am just curious.

I agree about making changes. I did that in the past. Some worked. Some didn't. I also thought I was smarter then the engineers and had more $$$. Today these engines have more then enough power for me, even in our mountains.

Delete the DPF and EGR then add a Tuner to fool the truck so no regens. Regens are what kills the oil change intervals. That's my understanding anyway.

Yes, taking the DPF & EGR out helps the Diesel Breath better, Oil last a lot longer. and the Tuner fools the truck's computer and lets you see what's going on Temps, timing and PSI. I can set it to defuel if things are not working right so the eng will not kill it's self.
The truck is not working hard to pull the camper like it was when it was stock. Temps are low when pulling, they were higher when it was stock, IE: trans temp, truck was dropping down a gear to keep going up a hill, now just hogs up the hill in 6th in OD. I watch the exh temps and they stay below 1200, The fuel PSI now can go up to 36K and boost hits in the 30's Trans temp stays around 160. Thats why I have Head studs now. Dodge headbolts weak

The pin weight is not over the rateing of the tires or truck. DRW and SRW is a fight I will not get into now. Tires are getting better, just look at super singles on 18 wheelers, I know I drive one.

You are running up to 36K on stock injectors??? Hell, even aftermarket injectors arent going take that more than 2 times. What about the rail cap??

you must have made a typo and meant 26K? I dont know if a CP3 is even capable of psi that high.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
navy80to04 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
RAS43 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:

x3. I would love to delete. Don't want anymore HP/TQ just want 5,000 mile oil change intervals. Maybe another 1-2 mpg would be nice. But not for $$$$ and loss of warranty. So I have to do one more oil change a year ($52.00) still way cheaper than $1000.00's out of my pocket for work that should covered under warranty. After the warranty's up it could be a different story. But 4yrs from now who knows what the EPA will have a strangle hold on.

Could you explain the part about wanting 5000 mile oil changes ?? What would you have to delete to get that? I am just curious.

I agree about making changes. I did that in the past. Some worked. Some didn't. I also thought I was smarter then the engineers and had more $$$. Today these engines have more then enough power for me, even in our mountains.

Delete the DPF and EGR then add a Tuner to fool the truck so no regens. Regens are what kills the oil change intervals. That's my understanding anyway.

Yes, taking the DPF & EGR out helps the Diesel Breath better, Oil last a lot longer. and the Tuner fools the truck's computer and lets you see what's going on Temps, timing and PSI. I can set it to defuel if things are not working right so the eng will not kill it's self.
The truck is not working hard to pull the camper like it was when it was stock. Temps are low when pulling, they were higher when it was stock, IE: trans temp, truck was dropping down a gear to keep going up a hill, now just hogs up the hill in 6th in OD. I watch the exh temps and they stay below 1200, The fuel PSI now can go up to 36K and boost hits in the 30's Trans temp stays around 160. Thats why I have Head studs now. Dodge headbolts weak

The pin weight is not over the rateing of the tires or truck. DRW and SRW is a fight I will not get into now. Tires are getting better, just look at super singles on 18 wheelers, I know I drive one.

More power to ya. I just don't have the cojones to delete and give up the warranty. Plus since the EPA stepped in the price of tuners is outrageous. Someday though.

Goose2448
Explorer
Explorer
6dot6 wrote:
hes got headstuds in his sig. guess hes making serious boost now unless they are weak points in the dodge? i see 55 psi on stock bolts. hopefully he comes back and fills in the gaps lol

Not with a H&S. He's gonna need some custom Tuna from The Supa Tuna to do that.
2008 GMC LMM CCLB DRW "Stuff and Things"
2004 Jayco Jayflight

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
bmanning wrote:
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Just here to subscribe... :W

X2 anyone bring the popcorn?

Oh where, oh where has the OP gone, oh where, oh where could he be? :

Don

He was turned in to the EPA for the illegal delete and now has a cell next to Aaron Hernandez.

ON EDIT- missed his post above; happy to say he's not incarcerated and doing just fine.

Oh no lets send him a cake with a hack saw and file in it.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

bmanning
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

Don

He was turned in to the EPA for the illegal delete and now has a cell next to Aaron Hernandez.

ON EDIT- missed his post above; happy to say he's not incarcerated and doing just fine.
BManning
baking in Phoenix :C
-2007 Volvo XC90 AWD V8
4.4L 311/325 V8 6sp Aisin loaded
6100lb GVW 5000lb tow
-1999 Land Cruiser
4.7L 230/320 V8 4sp A343 loaded
6860 GVW 6500lb tow
RV'less at the moment

navy80to04
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
RAS43 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:

2017 29H outlaw class C
loaded. Retired Navy

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
RAS43 wrote:
goducks10 wrote:

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
14yr old truck with 157K. I could blow it up, put a new one in it and still be $30K ahead of a new one not to mention tags & ins. I don't abuse it but I use it. Just need to be smart about it and know when to lift.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
132k on a 6 year truck here, I was 6 months out of warranty when the turbo started acting up. Cheetah turbo, efi-live, banks boost tube + intake, 4' cat back, gauges - and it is a totally new truck. The turbo came out of the "repair" budget, the rest were toys. All the toys VS 17 months payments (sense it was paid off)- I am 10k ahead of a new truck.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614