Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT comparible to fleet wood pioneer 18t6

Mayberry_T_and_
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all
New to this site and are looking for another TT.
Our previous TT was a Kit companion 18RT that was nice for the two of us. We ended up selling that a couple of years back and are now.looking for something comparible. Looking around we like the layout of the 18T6 (rear bed /bath front couch and side dinette) but they are pushing our desired weight limit.
Our TV is a Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 with the 4.6 V8 W/tow pkg & tow cap is 7300 lbs, tongue wt of 500 lbs... so I want to keep the TT as close to or under 4000 lbs.

Any thoughts on any other TT that might fit our bill similar to the 18T6?

Thanks all.
TC
10 REPLIES 10

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Since you're so confident that buying an orphan is such a great opportunity why don't you put your own $$$$$ on the table ... just tell us later how that went. :W

Bumpyroad wrote:
I certainly am not in the RV buying market at this time but if I am in the future, any and all units are open for consideration and I will NOT use your advice in my decision.
bumpy

No worries ... I don't care. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Mayberry_T_and_
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry fellas........ Did'nt mean to start a ruckus.... Just wanted to get a little advice & some info on a light weight TT. :h.
TC

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:

Since you're so confident that buying an orphan is such a great opportunity why don't you put your own $$$$$ on the table ... just tell us later how that went. :W

I certainly am not in the RV buying market at this time but if I am in the future, any and all units are open for consideration and I will NOT use your advice in my decision.
bumpy

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
An orphan with no warranty wouldn't be a "steal" in my book. :R Just because the manufacturer has gone out of business doesn't mean any dealer is automatically going to give away stock he paid full price for.

Bumpyroad wrote:
if you can get some type of warranty from the dealer and all of the components would be covered the same as if the mfr. of the RV was still in business.

Pigs may fly. :W At best, one might be offered a 30 day guarantee, no different than what might be offered on a used trailer.

I would guess that half of the RVs out there are from defunct manufacturers.

Possibly that's true, especially considering the recession of 2008 which saw quite a few manufacturers disappear from the landscape. However, that doesn't mean anywhere near that many that are now orphans were orphans at the time of initial purchase.

but I said "MIGHT". wouldn't be the first time that something was cleared out at less than cost. and NO it wouldn't be 'automatic" but if you waved enough bucks in the dealer's face????????

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:

An orphan with no warranty wouldn't be a "steal" in my book. :R Just because the manufacturer has gone out of business doesn't mean any dealer is automatically going to give away stock he paid full price for.

if you can get some type of warranty from the dealer and all of the components would be covered the same as if the mfr. of the RV was still in business. I would guess that half of the RVs out there are from defunct manufacturers.
but I said "MIGHT". wouldn't be the first time that something was cleared out at less than cost. and NO it wouldn't be 'automatic" but if you waved enough bucks in the dealer's face????????
bumpy

Mayberry_T_and_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies so far. Have looked at a hideout 19fls almost fits the bill but it's a little heavy 425 tongue wt and 4350 dry.
Any thoughts on the fun finder xtreme 18ft? Or???

Thanks all
TC

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
check out the Ascend 19 and 23 ft models.

SoundGuy wrote:
Isn't the Ascend series of trailers a product from Evergreen RV which recently went out of business?

Bumpyroad wrote:
yep, evergreen but I didn't know they shut er down. might be able to "steal' one then.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:

Isn't the Ascend series of trailers a product from Evergreen RV which recently went out of business?

yep, evergreen but I didn't know they shut er down. might be able to "steal' one then.
bumpy

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy