cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT for F150 EcoBosst

NorCalSteve17
Explorer
Explorer
I have to start with what an AMAZING forum this is. I'm new to RV'ing, but come from a family of campers & RVers, as does my wife. But what I've learned here is awesome.

SO, I pose this question as more of a sanity check than anything else, and to get some feedback. TV = 2012 Ford EcoBoost FX2 with tow package (and yes, i know it's not the max tow package). Have read a ton about different TV and know the Ford is limited, but this is what we're sticking with for many reasons. Sticker says GVWR is 7100# and max payload is 1550#. Owner's manual says max trailer weight is 9800#. Am I nuts looking at a TT (Jayco X213) with a GVWR of 5500#??? Should I stick with a TT that has a GVWR below 5000#? Second question, I have seen some issues with the large rear slide-outs, but believe manufacturers have gotten better... how concerned should I be about that large slide-out?

(Background info: have 2 small kids, 2 idiot golden retrievers 🙂 and love, love, love to get away from the grind)
4 REPLIES 4

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Vehicle curb weight ~ 5700
Passengers and stuff ~ 500
Tongue weight of 5500 maximum trailer ~ 660
Total ~ 6860

It looks like you're within the vehicle GVWR of 7100 and the truck can pull a lot more (9800) so unless I'm missing something I would think you'd be good to go.

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
That Jayco ought to be a great match to that truck. Set it up with a good weight dist hitch, and enjoy.

You_can_t_take_
Explorer
Explorer
That is an awesome TV. I have pulled a 8400 lb fifth wheel with that and was very pleased with the performance!
1960's: Tents.. 1970's: Soft top & Hard top P/U.. 1980's: 17' RV.. 1990's: 24' RV.. 2000's: 2002 Cougar 276EFS; 2005 Laredo 29GS; 2002 GMC 2500HD Ext Cab 4x4; 2015: 2006 Class 'B' Chateau Citation; "(Nfld/Labrador-Yukon/NWT/Alaska-Gaspe', Que./Florida!!)

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.