cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unhooked for the night.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
There is a current thread on the 5th wheel area and it got me to thinking about what travel trailer do.

So here goes. When you stop for just one night, regardless of where, do you unhitch?
33 REPLIES 33

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
We stay hooked up when just overnighting unless we plan on going somewhere that night; like visiting a relative or going to a special attraction/food.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Texas Nomad wrote:
I try not to unhook when traveling to a destination. I will book a pull-through site at an RV park. My Coachmen Freedom Express is 22' long so it's usually not a problem. Plenty of room for TT and tow vehicle. I hook up the electric and water ........... and settle in for the night.

Same here - except I may not even bother with hooking up to water or electric. The house battery is already completely charged from driving, and I usually travel with some fresh water in the tank anyway.

I never stay just one night at my destination - It doesn't leave enough time to enjoy the location.

Texas_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
I try not to unhook when traveling to a destination. I will book a pull-through site at an RV park. My Coachmen Freedom Express is 22' long so it's usually not a problem. Plenty of room for TT and tow vehicle. I hook up the electric and water ........... and settle in for the night.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
There is a current thread on the 5th wheel area and it got me to thinking about what travel trailer do.

So here goes. When you stop for just one night, regardless of where, do you unhitch?
Not if I am reasonably level
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW