cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIDEO: Truck Camper Front Right Jack Framing Repair

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

I finished repairing the Truck Camper Framing for the front right jack after my not so glorious incident where I accidently drove into a pipe barrier at a RV Dump Station and tore it off. I made a good repair, the area is stronger than ever, hopefully this information will make some other unfortunate souls' life easier and better.
VIDEO: https://youtu.be/WK41qVxgPOA
7 REPLIES 7

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
3 tons wrote:
Jeff, that was a quite impressive repair to say the least, you should definitely be commended for your very capable workmanship and for sharing!

3 tons

Thank you, hopefully it will help others facing this unfortunate position.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Nice work Jeff!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff, that was a quite impressive repair to say the least, you should definitely be commended for your very capable workmanship and for sharing!

3 tons

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
CA Traveler wrote:
Interesting video which shows water damage. I'd check the entire entire TC, calk it and be sure that the water connections never leak.

The water damage was largely confined to the bottom edge mouldings and penetration largely through the bolt holes in the jack brackets. There are a couple places with known decay that won't effect the performance of the TC. The possible worst area is the side framing around the dinet window. Everything has been sealed and is regularly checked. It's a constant battle though. Little leaks popup in all different places. Marker lights,the sockets for the jack wires, you have to stick your hands in every compartment and feel around during or soon after every rain. I also keep electric heat on in it all year to dry things out if something does happen and I don't catch it immediately.
Planning on using the TC for in town fun this weekend. Take care...

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
notsobigjoe wrote:
Nice job!

Thank you

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Interesting video which shows water damage. I'd check the entire entire TC, calk it and be sure that the water connections never leak.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Nice job!