cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Hookup Order

midapo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all! We are back in the RV Community after 15 years or so. Please consider us newbies. We just bought a 2018 K-Z Connect 251RK and are looking forward to our first trip!

Question: All the videos and articles I have seen say to hook my pressure regulator and water filter up at the supply. The pressure regulator is fine but it seems to me that it would be better to hook up the water filter at the camper. The water will at times sit in the hose for hours when it is not being used. Wouldn't you want to filter that water? Am I missing something? Thanks!
1996 26' Prowler Fiver
1994 Mint F-350 Diesel
2 Kids 2 Dogs (interchangeable)
18 REPLIES 18

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I put everything near the camper. That way Iโ€™m more likely to look at it occasionally. If using the non metered flow regulator, that might be placed on the supply faucet.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's no different than the water sitting in all that PEX water line in your RV.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Anything the hose leaches into the water will not be caught in the filter anyway. Should have no issues with a potable water rated hose.

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
That water sitting in the hose would have already been filtered. If you are using a drinking water safe hose, the hose should not add anything that needs filtered out.
You could do a 2 filter system with a sediment filter pre-hose and a charcoal/taste filter after if that is what you are going for.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500