cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Were back in a travel trailer, just bought an Airstream.

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
Hello this surprised the heck out of me but it happened.

The wife and I have owned two travel trailers and two truck campers over the years, we bought our last truck camper new in 2011. We have been shopping for a new travel trailer for the last six months; we had decided it was the best option for us.
We’ve been retired for six years now and that it was time to sell our truck camper as now we stay out longer and needed more space. We wanted something around 22-26 feet and on the higher quality line of the spectrum. We shopped the largest models by Lance, Arctic Fox and Bigfoot and found that all of our local dealers were back ordered and we were looking at around 40k to 50k for those models.
A friend recently mentioned to me a used Airstream he had spotted for sale that looked like new and was in the same price range. We hadn’t even considered an Airstream other than walking thru them at the RV Shows in years past.
A few days later we made a deal on a mint 2013 Airstream International 25FB for less than a couple of the new trailers we had shopped.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.
23 REPLIES 23

NWnative
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy! We love ours!
2019 Ford F250 Lariat CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 - 6.2 Gas w/4.30 Axle
2016 Airstream Flying Cloud 30RB / Blue Ox Sway Pro / Rock Tamers
2021 Mazda CX-9 Signature AWD

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. The amount of time and craftsmanship that it takes to build these trailers has always shocked me. It's no wonder they cost so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR1Y7sUaLSnHTae9imhkzlBqgBVH6Zfh93Wm10LaHf5V5kWrOreLBjKVHcQ&v...
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats even though I'm not a fan of confined floorplan and no slides but beautiful exterior.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your Airstream. They are, in my opinion, by far the highest quality RV on the road. Wish I could afford one. Happy Trails
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice! Happy travels!

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Our first Airstream was a 25 ft. Model. Wish we stI'll had it. Bought it new. We have also owned a 19 and a 23 and now own a 16.
The 25 is a perfect size and can be towed by a 1/2 ton pu.
Enjoy your new camper and stay safe. I will take you up on your offer if we cross paths.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing like a beautiful AS trailer motoring along a highway. Congratulations!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations regarding your new trailer. Some complain about the lack of space and Storage with an Airstream but coming from a TC I'm sure you will find it plenty spacious. We owned a 25 ft. Bigfoot but sold it for a larger trailer. It has been 6 years and I still regret that move.