cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do Popup campers really want for Mods

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
I have camped in my 2016 Aliner Expedition now for 2 weekends in a row, and I've noticed the same thing I noticed in my Aliner Scout, and, that is that I always used my dinette area as storage.

Even when I had my Aliner Scout I had noticed the same thing, but, figured, if I got the Expedition, things would change. Admittedly, I sold out for the dormers.

It has crossed my mind to convert that area to fixed storage. Does that make sense, or, do the experienced here feel that will just affect the resale?

To be honest, I'm already thinking about going Class C. I have two teenage sons who could care less about sleeping in a camper/RV with me....they want to be in their tent, even during a thunderstorm. So, I'm getting tired of cramping their stuff in a 15' box, and all the other stuff they need, in my 15' box.

What say the more experienced?
4 REPLIES 4

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:

If changing it would mean you'd be happy with the A liner for another 3+ years, then I say go for it. But, if you can do it in such a way that the dinette could be reinstalled later, then go that way.

We did a "reversible" mod to our '93 Jayco 1208. We didn't like or need the "gaucho". I made a cabinet on top of it instead. When I sold it I left the cabinet in, showed it to prospective buyers and let them know I would put the gaucho back if they wanted it. The buyer that did take it liked what I did, but I gave him the cushions anyways.

So my vote would be to make your Aliner "yours".
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

Biker1mike
Explorer
Explorer
oh yeah, We also had a C. The dinette in that was also a dumping ground for more stuff. The bigger the camper, the more stuff the kids would bring.
Mike
'12 Honda Ridgeline pulling '07 Rockwood pop-up

Biker1mike
Explorer
Explorer
I'd keep it the way it is. Will be hard to sell without the dinette.
We also find our table to be a storage area right up to when we get a heavy rain and need the table for board games or a meal.
Mike
'12 Honda Ridgeline pulling '07 Rockwood pop-up

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're thinking about going to a C, I say just leave it. Why do a lot of work that you won't need and the next person might not want.

If changing it would mean you'd be happy with the A liner for another 3+ years, then I say go for it. But, if you can do it in such a way that the dinette could be reinstalled later, then go that way.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)