cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to the oringinal RV.net from 10 years ago?

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
So i have to ask.

Originally joined RV.net back in 2003. Got out of RV'ing for quite some time, and just purchased another one recently. So come back here and see the URL is the same, but looks like Camping World/Good Sams Club must have purchased the domain and turned it into "this".

Not complaining, but A) when did this happen and B) Did many of the original RV.net members start another RV website? I'm just curious more than anything else.

Also seems like CW has issues with their server.
42 REPLIES 42

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
I'm still here to Oldracer. Sometimes I wonder why.

The entertainment factor.
Sometimes I actually learn something.
Sometimes I can impart some wisdom.
I really enjoy my camper.
The entertainment factor.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Valentines day is now over! It's Monday!

The company I work for changed their customer facing web site about 8 months ago. They are actually re-coding to a newer more contemporary computer language. So they decided to change everything. They consulted with experts in web site design and customer friendly experiences type stuff.

Well, the first phase hit the internet .... and OH MY! The back-lash was unbelievable. The new remains, and the old is still being phased out as the code is currently mixed between old and new, but little by little getting the old functionality into the new code functionality.

Although it's been 8 months or more since the original switch, the customer backlash is still insane! People just don't like change. They (we) get comfortable with the status quoe and are resistant to change.

(Kind of like the grocery store moving the cereal aisle from row 2 to row 12. You come in and have to find everything again. This way, you are breaking your routene and have take a different path and potentially, purchase an item you've passed a dozen times, but quit noticing.

Web sites, do similar, to get your attention, to get you to notice advertising, to keep them from getting stale. Change is good --- change is also bad. But change is always inevitable!

So, the web site changed .... the forums still work don't they?

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
so OldRacer, any questions about why you left the last time and didn't bother to come back? If so, just re-read the last 4 pages. I think you'll find the more things change the more they stay the same.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
AmericalVette wrote:
Admin wrote:
Ya'll be nice now.
It's Valentines day and I wanna see love :B

LOL! Hilarious!!:B

Ok guys guess it's time to play nice and for a group hug. :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

1rickw
Explorer
Explorer
I joined Dec of 2003. I guess I really never noticed any difference. I suppose one gets used to seeing it for so long that you don't notice small incremental changes.
2004 Jamboree 26Q

+ great wife to travel with

:B
2012 Honda Fit towing 4 down with BrakeBuddy

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
Admin wrote:
Ya'll be nice now.

LOL! Hilarious!!:B
Times fun when you're having flies!

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Lets all play nice now....

Ah to heck with it... Lets have some fun and run the riff raff outta here!:B

Seriously... Welcome back.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm still here to Oldracer. Sometimes I wonder why.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody with a bit of gray remembers the mergers, takeovers and bankruptcies of the first decade of the 21st century. I changed jobs five times in seven years and never left my desk.

But here we are, high speed internet, smart phones, and more TT models to choose from.

Life rolls on.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
SparkDr wrote:
Admin wrote:
Ya'll be nice now.

Less than 8hrs after OP's "return to the forum" post and the admins have already felt the need to swoop in with a "Play nice" directive. Yep...it's gonna be a short visit.
pssssssst.... i'll fill ya in on a little secret. I made my first visit as well as post back several days ago (about a week or so as a matter of fact). EDIT: Jan. 23 to be exact. 😉

As far as this post goes, i just asked a simple question about the original RV.net. You guys are the one that made something out of nothing, not me. Maybe that tells more about you than it does me. 😉

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
Admin wrote:
Ya'll be nice now.

Less than 8hrs after OP's "return to the forum" post and the admins have already felt the need to swoop in with a "Play nice" directive. Yep...it's gonna be a short visit.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

Admin
Ya'll be nice now.
Admin
RV.net

OldRacer
Explorer
Explorer
thin skinned? LMAO! yea, right!

nomad_297
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with you, Old-Biscuit. He won't be here long.

Bruce