cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what is the dumbest thing about your camper?

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
For me its that there is no light switch or and any light at all when you first enter the camper.

The closest light is on the ceiling a few steps inside the camper.

Kind of a pain in the dark for sure.

Yes, I've ordered a touch light to put next to the door.

Too bad someone from the manufacture doesn't actually spend a night or two in one of their own RVs.

In my TT the vent in the bathroom is over the sink so in cold weather the ice cold condensation from the vent drips on your back while you're brushing your teeth. ๐Ÿ™‚
Camp Host, from the other side.
108 REPLIES 108

Virgil_Diesel
Explorer
Explorer
The sink inside the wet bath. Awkward to used so I used the kitchen sink
2006 Chevy Silverado HD2500/DA/CC/SB/Pullrite Superglide 16k
2009 Jayco Superlite 31.5FBHS
2006 Lance Lite 845
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Rubicon 0337/1000
2013 18' Carson Flat bed 10k gvw trailer 16" 8 lug wheels

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
cleary wrote:
Awning on one side and external speakers on the other.

I seriously LoL'd when I read that.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
burning-man wrote:
Waste tanks that aren't as big as the fresh tank!!

That's always killed me. where do the think you're ging to put the extra water?? Drink it??

burning-man wrote:

Oh, and the door isn't wide enough to get the refrigerator out. It's a HUGE job to replace the fridge, when it should be a few screws, a gas fitting and some wires, bam.. but no...

If my fridge died I'd probably look for a new camper. No way mine would fit through the door.

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Well I'm happy to see mine isn't the only one without a light switch by the door.

You've all made me feel a little better - thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

The first of next week will be my first camping trip using my new to me camper.

I'm sure I'll have a few more myself.

And yes, the speakers on the opposite side of the awning I think is the winner so far. ๐Ÿ˜„

burningman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Waste tanks that aren't as big as the fresh tank!!
Oh, and the door isn't wide enough to get the refrigerator out. It's a HUGE job to replace the fridge, when it should be a few screws, a gas fitting and some wires, bam.. but no...
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

tattoobob
Explorer
Explorer
That I don't get to use mine more
2005 Ford F350 SRW 4x4

2000 Lance 1010

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
The only thing that comes to mind is the water fill right above the electrical plug in... that seems like a bad idea.

edit: thought of another one, only a single side window in the overcab, I hate that.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I have a side entry camper but there's an awning on the back. I never use it, I only use the side awning. What's worse is the only exterior outlet is at the driver's side rear of the camper. Not near the door or even on the same side as the door. It took me a long time to even realize it was there.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Awning on one side and external speakers on the other."

That's funny!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
SugarHillCTD wrote:

-no handle inside the sliding bathroom door. Easy to add one but why didn't the factory do this? Didn't someone at the factory go into the bathroom, close the door then try to get out?

Our '07 has a routered cut out where you can put your fingers to pull the door open from the inside. A handle wouldn't work because the door slides fully past the wall when open.

windviewer
Explorer
Explorer
32 Chev wrote:
No light switch inside the door when it's dark you must hunt around for it on the ceiling.

ding ding ding. a winner

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My camper was design for use in cold weather, so it has heating duct going into the basement to keep holding tanks from freezing. From basement there is no designated return to the camper, but originally big holes around sewer drain and power cable compartment.
I sealed those holes and add gate valve on the duct, so when we use heat on those colder days, we don't warm up our neighbors.

32_Chev
Explorer
Explorer
No light switch inside the door when it's dark you must hunt around for it on the ceiling.
2007 dodge Ram 3500 Drw 6.7 Cummins,6 speed auto, exhaust brake, Okanagan 116,Air, Onan genset, accumulator tank, fastguns, too much fun stuff.

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
I wish my shower was a little larger. I hate it when the shower curtain sticks to my rear-end.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
LamboDesigns wrote:
Without a doubt the battery boxes on my 855s.

Who at Lance decided that two batteries should live under the step up to the bed?? One of the several reasons why we traded in our 855s for an Eagle Cap with the exact same floorplan. What a PITA. The EC battery box has an external door.

But that doesn't mean that our EC 850 is without its little dumb items.

-no handle inside the sliding bathroom door. Easy to add one but why didn't the factory do this? Didn't someone at the factory go into the bathroom, close the door then try to get out?

-lack of lighting over the dinette. Slide-out dinettes tend to be dark but our EC only has the usual 2 LED bulb fixture in the ceiling next to the slide-out. I added another one just like it and doubled up the lighting- much better.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT