Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
This is a Shadow Cruiser 280QBS.

34 REPLIES 34

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
Sorry for this, i did t see the topic go back to the top of the forum after my last post, so im bumping to try and have it seen.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
Bringing back an older thread here, i was out playing with my tt this evening, and went ahead and happened out the corner of my eye a potentially similar situation.

Im only about 1/8th to 1/4 inch difference, but obviously got me paranoid, since the tt is new.

What would cause a frame to twist front to back like that? Ive had the tt sitting in my driveway for a few weeks now, and never noticed it, only had it out once no troubles.

It was dusk when i noticed it, so im not sure now if the bumper has a bit of a bend or what not, but now just freaked out, due to the fact i park on a sloped driveway, and currently have the tongue up 34" to get level. All be it, my rear axles only see about 2" drop between the 2 of them, most of my decline happens further down the driveway between the front axle and the to gue jack.

Who knows how many unnoticed issues our first tt had, it was before i discovered this site, so we basically parked it and forgot it. Now im like a hound dog, sniffing every square inch of this thing, ocd style.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

emmysdad
Explorer
Explorer
Dtaylor wrote:
I have OCD and something like that would drive me to the nuthouse!

I have something similar, it's called CDO

๐Ÿ™‚

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Bonefish wrote:
If they cannot even get the bumper on correctly; I would bet that the axles are probably miss aligned too and it would probably have towing issues.
That could very well be. It may also be that one frame beam is shorter than the other. If the whole frame was out of square by 1", I don't see how they could have attached the floor without gaps or uneven overhang in places.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer
If they cannot even get the bumper on correctly; I would bet that the axles are probably miss aligned too and it would probably have towing issues.

Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
I wrote Cruiser RV about my issue. They responded that they agree things were not symmetrical, they also agree that they should have caught the issue as it went out of the factory.

They also stated that "there is a possibility the floor of the unit may have been installed out of square"

Having admitted all that they do not however, feel that this is a structural issue, just a cosmetic one. They agree with the dealer's recommended solution.

So there you have it.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Clonefan wrote:
I've looked at several and I have never seen a rear bumper area like this one either.

I think I will write Cruiser this weekend, I'll keep you guys in the loop. By all accounts I had heard good things about them. It would really suck if someone else got stuck with this camper.

For sure contact them. Maybe even twice if they don't get back to you in a week or two. The only way they can fix problems at the factory is if they know about them.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dtaylor wrote:

X2

Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked at several and I have never seen a rear bumper area like this one either.

I think I will write Cruiser this weekend, I'll keep you guys in the loop. By all accounts I had heard good things about them. It would really suck if someone else got stuck with this camper.

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Shadow Cruiser 280 QBS and I have to admit that ours does NOT look like that one!
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Clonefan wrote:
I did measure the front area, from the camper back to the frame. It was off by the same amount as the back was. Based on that, I'm thinking the trailer was not hit or in a wreck. It either 'settled' on there wrong or it was built that way.

I thought about contacting Cruiser RV, but I thought why waste my time? They probably won't do anything about it anyway. I understand that there are going to be some poorly built products anytime you manufacture something of this detail, but this one was so obvious I couldn't believe it made it through all that it did to get to my house. I had it my driveway for a week and every time I went out my back door my eye was drawn to it.

I checked with our local Shadow Cruiser dealer and observed that all of the bumpers appeared to be squared to the camper. It also appeared, like the picture above, that the bumper was supposed to be away from the camper about an inch or so.

The dealer was New Generation RV in Wisconsin. The owner was the one who told me he was going to resell the camper. Buyers beware.

I did loose the transportation costs on this deal and as much as I thought that wasn't right, I am just glad to have moved on from this deal.

I might still contact Cruiser RV, I would feel bad if someone else got stuck with this heap.

That's why you need to send the picture. 1. You WILL get your trans costs back and 2.Any good manuf will make sure that unit is sent back and NOT sold to the next guy with a sawed off ibeam frame!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Drum
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, wow. That would drive me crazy to have to look at that on my trailer. Things that are noticeably out of square bug me to no end.
Gary in Western NC

Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
I did measure the front area, from the camper back to the frame. It was off by the same amount as the back was. Based on that, I'm thinking the trailer was not hit or in a wreck. It either 'settled' on there wrong or it was built that way.

I thought about contacting Cruiser RV, but I thought why waste my time? They probably won't do anything about it anyway. I understand that there are going to be some poorly built products anytime you manufacture something of this detail, but this one was so obvious I couldn't believe it made it through all that it did to get to my house. I had it my driveway for a week and every time I went out my back door my eye was drawn to it.

I checked with our local Shadow Cruiser dealer and observed that all of the bumpers appeared to be squared to the camper. It also appeared, like the picture above, that the bumper was supposed to be away from the camper about an inch or so.

The dealer was New Generation RV in Wisconsin. The owner was the one who told me he was going to resell the camper. Buyers beware.

I did loose the transportation costs on this deal and as much as I thought that wasn't right, I am just glad to have moved on from this deal.

I might still contact Cruiser RV, I would feel bad if someone else got stuck with this heap.