cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What size Eternabond????

yankeeslover
Explorer
Explorer
I want to do my roof vents and front and rear of camper this summer with eternabond and wondering what size i should use? 2 inch or 4 inch? considering also doing the sidewall where the roof meets.. I heard i can tape right into the gutter? this true...
last question, is the adhesive spray stuff required for the eternabond or have others just cleaned the dicor off and stuck the tape right over the dicor?
5 REPLIES 5

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Go 4 inch wide. You can always cut it down into narrower pieces if needed.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

youngone
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 6" wide roll. I figured it's not going to hurt up on the roof top. Wider protection. Looking at some of the Dicor factory sealing work I thought It would be easier to get a good seal over the Dicor.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Get the 4", and yes, EB tape can be applied over Dicor, no problem. You don't have to buy their cleaner, you can use Acetone per their instructions. Make sure it's installed per their instructions, to the letter, and you won't have any problems. You can download the instructions ahead of time so you're ready. Make sure you have a good roller too as you have to push very hard to get the adhesive to squeeze out.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on really surface clean before installing. I used 4" for the edges and 2" around the vents.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I use the 4" Eternabond. It gives better coverage.
You can apply it into the gutter, just make sure the surface is clean.
I have used Acetone and mineral spirits to clean the area before applying the E/bond.
Be careful if you use Mineral Spirits.

I have never used the spray, just clean the area well before applying.
And, I just remove the loose Dicor. I will apply more Dicor to level the surface if needed, before installing the Eternabond.

Eternabond is a great product. It's not difficult to install but, take you time and clean the area well.
It will eliminate any leaks for a long time.